What I've Been Wearing: Workout & Gym Edition

I've been keeping up pretty well with my weekly workouts lately, exercising about 4 days a week.  That includes gym workouts, home workouts and my once-a-week Bar Method class.

Right now my goal is to heighten the intensity of my workouts because I realized that I wasn't in the shape I want to be in when I got a free workout with a trainer as part of my new gym membership. He worked me out for about 20 minutes on Sunday and it's Tuesday night and I can hardly walk. I've tried foam rolling, walking, pain meds, muscle creams, etc. My inner thighs and quads are especially sore. So yeah, I need to step it up and work out at a higher intensity than I have been to build up my strength again. I may even work with a trainer again to rebuild some of that strength more effectively.

Another thing I am trying to motivate myself to do is to detox from sugar. I don't mean never eat sugar again, but I need to gain control of how much I consume (cookies, candy, sweets, etc.)  I have read numerous studies about how horrible excessive sugar is for your body and how sugar gives your brain the same "high" that drug addicts get.  It's just scary to feel how much power it has over me and how intense the cravings are. It almost feels like I need a "sugar fix" or I "don't feel right." Does anyone have any tips for how to wean off of eating excess sugars? I have done some research online and am curious to see if my readers can relate or if you all have any tips?


I thought it would be fun to show some of my workout outfits since it's been requested numerous times that I share them.  Here are some from the last couple of weeks (all clothing is Lululemon, except for the green off the shoulder top in the last photo which is from Target).




Clearly, I'm a Lululemon addict---speaking of which, if you don't already know about it, there is a Lululemon addict blog that shows what's in stores each week and readers can submit photos of themselves trying on the clothes---which is very helpful if you don't have a store near you and have to order online. Check it out here: http://luluaddict.blogspot.com/.

What are your favorite clothes to wear to work out? I love Lululemon because the clothes are incredibly durable, stylish and functional.  I have items from the store that I still wear, 7 years later!

PS: My running shoes are by Saucony and my flip flops are by Steve Madden (with bows) and Reef (gold).

At the gym and at home, I wear my hair up in a ballerina bun or ponytail when I work out, but I don't put it up usually until I get there, that's why my hair is down in these photos, because I know someone will ask ;)

0 comments:

Post a Comment