It's All About the Pants

Lately I am all about pants. I used to prefer skirts and dresses, but I have seen the light and now all I want to do is wear pants all.the.time.  I think one of the reasons for this, besides extreme comfort is that pant silouettes have really changed over the last couple of years and options for work pants aren't simply a boot leg or flare. I like that all major retailers are carrying pants that have a slimmer leg and taper at the ankle. 

I wore my olive colored Andie Chinos from J.Crew for the first time today and they are definitely a must-have pant. I tried them on in store but wanted to order a tall which they don't carry (for reference, I went with the 6T). They were backordered online and took about 4 weeks to arrive at my doorstep. I was able to use the 30% off discount when I purchased them from the store on backorder, so that was great, and they were definitely worth the wait. I don't own any pants in this color so it was a nice addition to my ever-growing pant collection. You heard it here first, pants may be the new J.Crew No. 2 pencil skirt (for me at least). 

Please excuse the work bathroom selfie. Sometimes, it's my only option. I love the way the multi-colored tiles clash with my outfit ;)
Pants- J.Crew | Top- Anthropologie | Shoes- J.Crew Factory | Necklace- J.Crew | Cardigan- J.Crew |  

Next on my pant wish list? These gorgeous toothpick jeans in a rich green velvet (I'm waiting for a sale).
Have you been enjoying the slimmer/more tapered pant silhouettes? Do you wear them to work or do you stick with more traditional pants?

0 comments:

Post a Comment