Saturday Snaps: Hair Cut & Color

This morning, I headed to Michael Kemper salon to meet my new hair stylist, Chuck, who came highly recommended by my best friend Candice.

I was a little nervous at first, but I felt comfortable right away and he really took the time to go over what I wanted.  I asked him to keep me a brunette, give me a bit of a very subtle ombre look and also to not start any of my blonde highlights in my roots.


We decided to dye all of my roots with a demi-permanent color that's very close to my natura color (but slightly darker) and then drag that color though some pieces that were too blonde left over from previous dying. 



Here I am when I first got there.
After the brown color was applied throughout all of my roots, Chuck used the same technique seasoned ombre pros use---he teased my hair and applied the blonde color only to the part left outside of the teased part. It looks a little scary, but it's awesome:



...and then your hair ends up looking like this:



But then, you leave the salon, like this:
(note the smile)


I am so thrilled to finally have my roots all one color and then lighter shades sweeping throughout the rest of my hair. Eventually, I think I'll be brave enough to do even more ombre throughout my ends, but for now, I am so thrilled with how it turned out. I atually really love how rich the brown looks. It's all soft and blended too, which is awesome.



I also had it trimmed, here's the back:

So glad I finally took the plunge and had my hair colored and cut! I'll take some pictures with my DSLR tomorrow.

Wishing everyone a wonderful weekend :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment