Product Rave: Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Eraser Dark Circles

When I discover a product on a random trip to my grocery store and that product ends up being amazing and totally holy-grail worthy, I get pretty excited.

Ever since my precious YSL Touche Eclat highlighting pen ran out, I've been on the hunt for a less-pricey product that basically did the same thing.

I still LOVE Touche Eclat, but this Maybelline product really delivers without the hefty price tag.  It's called "Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Eraser Dark Circles."  I got it in the PINK color, but it also comes in other skin tone colors. If you are fair or have medium skin, I'd get the pink shade because that's what counteracts darkness and creates a bright look around the eye. The pink shade is called #60 "Brightener"

Here is a swatch of the product on my hand:

Here's the bottom line: if Benefit's "Eye Bright" pencil and Yves Saint Laurent's "Touche Eclat" had a baby, this amazing product would be it.

It combines the light pink color of Benefit's"Eye Bright" with the smoothness/creaminess of YSL's "Touche Eclat."  It is long lasting (all day long, even through a workout) and it really works just like the YSL product (which retails for $40).

After applying my concealer and then using my MAC Studio Fix powder on my entire face, I apply the Maybelline product under my eyes only. Then, I use an fluffy eyeshadow blending brush to blend it out and/or my finger to pat it into skin. 

I prefer using pink or peach toned concealers under the eye because they create that coveted "glow" and "bright" look in the eye area, which can be more difficult to achieve with skin-toned products.

The applicator of this product, as you can tell from the photo above, is a sponge-tip applicator. I don't mind it. I actually prefer the YSL brush/pen with the button you push to get the product out, but the sponge on the Maybelline Age Rewind is the perfect size to just swipe under each eye.

I truly think this product is a great investment for anyone who would like a brighter look around the eyes.  It's under $10 at more drugstores, which is a steal considering similar products retail for much more.

Just to clarify, because I will probably get this question---I still continue to use my Benefit "Eye Bright" pencil in the inner corners of my eyes.  I only use the Maybelline product underneath my eyes (where you would get "bags").

This product is definitely worth the investment---for anyone who either hasn't bitten the bullet and gotten the YSL highlighter or for anyone who wants to try an alternative to it.

Hope everyone is having a wonderful week!

xoxo,

Veronika.

FTC: I purchased this product with my own money when I discovered it at the grocery store.  I am not being paid for this review, they are all just my honest to goodness true thoughts.

0 comments:

Post a Comment