Weekend Shopping: Forever 21& Target

Candice and I started off our Saturday with a session at HardCore Pilates (which, once again, was hardcore). Then we headed to Starbucks (we are both obsessed with Skinny Vanilla Lattes) and headed to Rice Village to get pedicures. I usually do my own nails, but it's nice to have my toes done professionally every once in awhile. I don't like to go every week (or even every 2 weeks) but I'll go once a month or so when the warmer weather comes. Our fave nail place is TX Nails. The ladies are so lovely, the prices are great and they do a wonderful job. (I got OPI's "We'll Always Have Paris.")

After toning our bodies and painting our toes, we headed to the mall to visit Sephora and use our VIB coupons...only I couldn't use mine because they didn't have half of the products I wanted to buy at the store, including the Fresh Highlighting Pen and the Guerlain Bronzing Powder. So I'll have to get them either tomorrow or sometime next week. I'll report back on my Sephora purchases when I'm able to find the things I had wanted to purchase. It's so frustrating when you go into a store wanting to buy a certain item and they don't have it.

As usual, I tried on about 12 things at Forever 21 and bought 2 accessories and one $10 t-shirt. I have not been impressed with the stock lately. Things look super cute on the hanger and they either fit poorly or they just aren't that great. I'm pretty strict with how I spend my money, even if the item is only $10.

Which brings me to the super-long tee below that I got at Forever 21 for $9.50 (size small). It's perfect to wear with skinny jeans or leggings. I like the little cotton braided belt too. Cute!


The other items I got were this gorgeous key necklace with rhinestones (I'm obsessed with keys) and a silver mesh link ring (kind of like the popular Tiffany ring, but without the hefty price tag.)

After Forever 21, we went to Target to pick up some essentials and I picked up two clothing items.

The first is the tissue tee. It is a super thin tee that is long and the sleeves are a bit longer and more fitted than most tees. I really love it. Perfect for workouts! It looks kind of loose in the pics, but the size medium fits nicely without being too tight. They cost $9.99.

Some of you will see this next buy and think "don't you already have that skirt?" Well, it turns out Mossimo made a replica (I guess) of BCBG's pleated skirt which I already own in navy blue. They are IDENTICAL!!! (see the BCBG skirt here)

For $19.99, I decided to get this skirt in black because I love the look and fit of it so much. I got a size 6. I would go up a size in this one ladies, it fits small (IMO)

It is a higher-waisted skirt, but that's what I love about it. It really has a unique look at the top with all of the pleats.

Now, here comes a beauty confession: I never use eye makeup remover. I've been removing all of my waterproof eye makeup with my facial cleanser. SO HORRIBLE, I know. It is so bad to remove it that way. It makes my eyes red and it's so bad for the delicate skin surrounding the eye area. So I finally picked up some Target brand eye makeup remover (oil-free, similar to Neutrogena's).

I'm going to use it daily to remove my eye makeup from now on. It's especially important because I use waterproof or long lasting eye products, so I need to be careful about pulling the skin around my eyes. Yay to new beauty resolutions!

What did you purchase this weekend? Did you have any luck at Sephora? I may try another location tomorrow or Monday.

BTW- my husband and I just found out that West Elm is having double points this weekend (so if you have a West Elm card, you get 10% off of your entire purchase PLUS 10% back in design dollars) so we are going to go get our couch tomorrow! We're going to be up late tonight moving things around and getting ready for the new furniture! So excited!

Our larger couch got picked up today by the charity we donated to. If you have furniture that is in good condition that you don't want anymore, please consider donating to a charity who can give it to families in need!


Have a happy Sunday!

xoxo,

Veronika.

PS- I know I've been behind on blogging, so I'm doing multiple entries- see my Simon Fashion Now post here

0 comments:

Post a Comment