It Was a Good Friday at Ann Taylor

After work today, I went to Ann Taylor to take advantage of the 40% off your entire purchase sale. As I said in yesterday's post, there hasn't been much there that has impressed me lately, so it's no surprise I left with two items.

I did try on a few items, including most of the ones I posted yesterday and I ended up purchasing the gorgeous
Vertical Flutter Skirt. It's such a beautiful skirt and I'm so pleased with how flattering it looks on. Size down on this one ladies, I had to get a size 2. It was $128 (which I never would have paid) but for 40% off, I'll take it! (you know I love a deal!)

This skirt really has beautiful movement to it. I think that's what makes it so unique and more than just a black skirt. I tired a few others on but this one was the most flattering of them all.

Now, to the misses-the Cotton Sateen Ruffle Top was just not a good fit on me. Firstly I had to wear a size 2P in it, and I even fit into the ZeroP...I just feel like their sizing is so off that it doesn't even make you feel good, it just makes you feel confused. I have no idea how at 5'10 with a 34D chest I would ever be an XS, Zero or 2 in a top.

Anyways, that top was OK but all of the detailing at the neck actually kind of bugged me. Visually it was OK but it just didn't feel comfortable. Kind of stiff...

I didn't end up trying on the cowl neck dress. I did however try on the Drifting Pleats Skirt which was also very cute, but I loved the one I bought better, and I couldn't justify getting both! Maybe when it's on sale, I'll revisit it.

My second Ann Taylor purchase was little surprise- this adorable bralette. I am obsessed with bralettes. I like to sleep in them and just think they are so gorgeous and feminine. This one is definitely very luxe looking and looks expensive in person (and it was, at $28...but I got it for 40% off.)

I hate to say it, but photos definitely don't do this bralette justice. It is so pretty in person and very romantic looking.

Before visiting Ann Taylor, I was derailed and visited a store called D'GACI. It's kind of like Forever 21. Just cute little dresses, tops, etc and of course, some tacky stuff too.

I bought some super simple items there. One was this striped top (LOVE stripes) with a little pocket at the front and ruching on the sides.

This top was $14.50. I got a size medium.

The above tank cost just $5.50. It's long and stretchy and seems to be of good quality. I love tanks like this for working out and even just to layer with other tops or under a cardi. I got a size medium. I find in junior's stores I'm always have to go up in size and in women's stores I'm always going down in size.

I also got these cute sunnies for $5.50. Did I mention I'm obsessed with sunglasses? I can't even see without them! My eyes are SO sensitive to the sun that I have to wear them at all times or I would be squinting every time I was outdoors. Who am I kidding? I even wear them when it's overcast. I just love them, and protecting your eyes is important. I love sunnies so much that I even have a HOT PINK pair!

I definitely recommend visiting an A'GACI store if you have one in your area. It is kind of like Forever 21 where you have to go through every rack to select some good items (I tried on a bunch of dresses too that were cute- but, you guessed it, too short.) Their prices are good and if you're shorter than I am, their dresses are super cute and some are even OK for work.

I couldn't leave the mall without a trip to Charlotte Russe. Now CR is one of those stores where the sizing is pretty inconsistent. I got the gorgeous one-shoulder top below in a size large. The medium did fit, but it was shorter and a bit tighter. The large was just a perfect fit. It's a super cute top. It cost $17.99. I think I can even wear it tucked into a skirt for work with a cardi over it and be OK. The ruffle detailing looks cute poking out of a cardi.

Did I mention the fabric is super soft? It's surprisingly soft for a CR top.

My last CR purchase was the
Rosette Detail Wrap Around Top for $22.00. It looks much cuter in person, and the pic below is kind of dark, but you can get an idea from the website's picture.

It looks totally weird on the hanger, but it is pretty and flowy and awesomely textured when it's on.
I got this in a size small. The medium was a bit too big on me (see how inconsistent the sizing is!?) This top reminds me exactly of something they would have at Anthropologie. I was shocked at how much it reminded me of a top they would sell there. I think it would look great with skinny jeans or even with work dress pants. I know I got it in "boring black" but the texture makes the shirt stand out.

Did you or do you plan to shop the Ann Taylor sale? Did you do any shopping this weekend? Are you celebrating Easter this Sunday? If so, what are your plans?

xoxo,

Veronika.

0 comments:

Post a Comment