Sephora's VIB Event- 15% Off for You & A Friend & Recent Purchases (plus OOTD)

If you're a Sephora VIB, then you're probably as excited as I am for their 15% off promotion tomorrow! Anytime there is a discount at Sephora, I jump at the chance to get some of the pricier products at a lower price. The promotion says you can "bring a friend" (they get the 15% off too) so if you're not a VIB, call your fabulous product-obsessed girlfriend and get to Sephora, STAT (the "bring a friend promotion" is for one night only- tomorrow. The full VIB promo goes from April 8th through the 19th.)

Here is my wish list:

Guerlain Terracotta Light Summer Bronzing Powder
The legendary iridescent bronzing powder is reinvented for spring/summer 2010 with intensely concentrated particles of mother-of-pearl to enhance already-golden complexions. Warmed by copper accents for olive skin or glints of pink for fairer skin, this bronzing powder has never been this alluring. Nestled in a round, sunny case, these new harmonies feature five iridescent shades to adorn the complexion with an intense sunny glow: the first two intensify it, the next two warm it up, while the last one adds a final touch of light!

Stila Lip Glaze (in a pink color, not sure which yet)

I love this product because it comes with the little brush applicator. I hate using my fingers!

Amazing Cosmetics- Amazing Concealer

My best friend uses this and swears by it! I am obsessed with my MAC concealer, but it might be interesting to try something new...this is a maybe for me.

Yves Saint Laurent Touche Eclat
This is another "maybe" for me. I have heard from blogger Bella Makeup (Sardun1 on YouTube) that there are much cheaper alternatives to this, so I might check those out first (check out her video on this topic here...Maybelline and Milani make similar products.)

I may also have to try out the Fresh Supernova Radiance Brightening Pen. I just don't want to spend the money on the YSL one if there are much cheaper alternatives. We shall see!

I would also LOVE to try Illamasqua Blushes, but I'm not sure if my Sephora carries this brand yet. I like the colors "katie," "tremble," and "hussy."

What's on YOUR Sephora wish list?

Yesterday I went to Beauty First because the first Tuesday of every month it's 20% off of everything in the store, so that's when I buy my pricier hair products.

I got Pureology's latest shampoo "Essential Repair." I have been using their "Nanoworks" shampoo (which is amazing) but the Essential Repair was half the price at $27 (plus 20% off of that.) Plus it's made for damaged hair, which mine most definitely is. I'll let you all know how it works out. I washed my hair with it this morning and so far I like the smell, the way it feels, the way my hair feels afterward, etc. Only time will tell. Because it's a protein shampoo, I'm going to alternate it every other wash so I'm no adding too much protein to my hair (which can cause it to become too dry and break off.)

I also picked up Aveda's
Smooth Infusion Glossing Straightener because that entire smoothing line has come highly recommended online. It has a 4.3/5.0 rating on Makeupalley which is pretty good for a hair product! I used it for today's blowdry, and so far, so good. It is different than most styling creams...but I'm not sure how to describe it. It has the texture of a smooth gel cream and almost has a stickiness to it, that doesn't actually feel sticky when it's IN your hair.


Before I go, I'll post my OOTD today. I didn't love the skirt and top together, but I just wore it anyways. Not every outfit is a hit, but hey, that's the fun of it- finding what works and what doesn't. I once again wore flats. I'm still a bit sore! I do love those ruffles though!

Ruffle Asymmetrical Top- Charlotte Russe; Skirt- Ann Taylor; Cardigan- Express; Bow Flat- Target.


xoxo,

Veronika.

0 comments:

Post a Comment