HardCore Pilates: It's Hardcore Alright.

Seriously, I can't even THINK of a better word to describe the class Candice and I took this morning at HardCore Pilates Houston. It was the most challenging workout I've ever done in my life (and it felt amazing!)

Candice and I both got our sessions for HardCore Pilates off of Groupon (if you aren't already signed up on this amazing site- please do! every city has it's own daily deals where you can get things like spa treatments, workout sessions and deals on restaurants etc...all for 60-85% off of regular prices!)

This Pilates class is different because they use actual Pilates machines (the brand they use is the Allegro Pilates Reformer) to do the entire workout. The class is also like having your own personal trainer- Wayne Davis (the owner) and his assistant are always there to help you do the moves correctly, lead the class and answer any questions. The women who took the class were also very helpful and encouraging! Definitely a friendly and un-intimidating place.



The HardCore Pilates workout consists of using the Pilates machine to work out every part of your body. While the focus is on always keeping your core tight, the moves work out your abs, legs, butt and arms.
It is truly a full-body workout. The machine has various levels of resistance so the workout will always be a challenge for whoever is doing it. I met a girl in the class who has been going for a year (twice a week) and her body was definitely super toned!

This is one of those workouts that is SO intense, I don't know that you would even have to do it more than twice a week. I can tell that this workout is very results-driven, and completely different than any other Pilates classes I've ever experienced (I do Power Pilates and Ball Pilates on the mat, and although it's a super good workout,
HardCore Pilates is on a whole different level.)

My experience taking this class was incredible and if you have a studio like this in your area (that uses the Pilates Reformer machines) I would recommend you try a session...though, I will say that machine Pilates is not necessarily for beginners (I joked to Candice that it was like Pilates bootcamp...without the boots!) This isn't to say that a beginner couldn't do it...but I practice mat Pilates pretty regularly and this class was extremely challenging for me. Yes, I could do it, but the burn was so intense (at one point, I asked the instructor "
If yesterday was Good Friday, I'm not sure what to call today!" LOL- I am a dork!)


I told
Wayne that I was going to blog about my experience taking his class, and he generously offered new students $5 off of one session (regular cost is $25/session) to any of my readers (in Houston) who call to book a session and mention this blog post. So for my lovely Houston readers- I would definitely take advantage of this offer- it will take ANY workout you're doing now to the next level, and you'll really challenge yourself!

You can click here
to check out the Hardcore Pilates website. The studio is located on Kirby & Richmond. You can call (832) 338-8091 to book a session (you must make an appointment to take class.)

Thank you so much for reading :)

PS- I am gonna be SO sore tomorrow!

xoxo,

Veronika.
FTC Disclaimer: I am writing this review based on my own honest experience. I am not being compensated to write this review.



0 comments:

Post a Comment