Harper's Newborn Photos

Before Harper was born, I was already thinking about newborn photos. I had tentatively booked a session with a local newborn photographer and awaited the arrival of our little one.

After Harper was born, her NICU stay and frequent pediatrician appointments made me pretty stressed out and I cancelled my session because I wanted to be home with her and focus on feeding her frequently since she was having trouble gaining weight.

I struggled with the decision to cancel the photo shoot because I really love newborn photos but most photographers won't shoot newborns past 10 days old and I was nervous about leaving the house with her (other than to see her pediatrician). 

When Harper was 10 days old, suddenly, I started to panic. I realized after talking to some friends both offline and online that I would probably regret not having professional newborn photos taken.  She's our first baby and would only be that little for such a short time.

On a whim, I contacted a newborn photographer who's work I liked to see if she had any cancellations or last-minute availability.  I got lucky and the photographer agreed to come and do the session in our home when Harper was 12 days old. It was so great not to have to leave our house for the session and I like that we were able to get some pretty shots in her nursery.

I'm SO thrilled with how the photos turned out and glad we were able to do them on such short notice.  I can't wait to make a gallery wall with these shots in the hallway between our master bedroom and Harper's nursery.

Here are the shots from our shoot:





Do you notice something familiar below? We had the photographer use my feather fascinator that I wore in my hair on my wedding day in some of the photos :)


I hope you liked Harper's newborn photos.  If you are in the Houston area, I highly recommend Maca  of Studio Ainsley.  Please check out her website to view more of her work!

0 comments:

Post a Comment