Five Minute Makeup

Before I had a baby, I would always hear the line "you won't even have time to shower!" whenever someone talked about being at home with a newborn.  That definitely hasn't rang true for me--- I still shower in the morning or at the very least before bed a night, everyday, but what has changed is my makeup routine.

Now that I'm home on maternity leave, I don't wear makeup everyday because Harper doesn't care if I have mascara on or not (and quite frankly, neither do I). But there are some days where I'll be in the mood to apply some makeup and I definitely still wear makeup when I run errands or have company. It just feels nice to do something small for myself.


Harper is a good sleeper/napper so I do have time to do my normal makeup routine most days if I wanted to...but I don't want to spend the time/make the effort, so I cut it down to a simple five-minute routine that evens out the skin, brightens and defines the eyes and overall just makes you look fresh. I know it looks like a lot of products, but I promise it takes just five minutes of time to apply them.



1 | 2 | 3 4 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 |

MAC StudioFinish Concealer
I use this concealer wherever needed (corners of nose and mouth and any blemishes), applied with a foundation brush.

MAC StudioFix Powder Foundation
I use a large fluffy powder brush to quickly dust this all over. Don't forget to bring it down to your neck too so it's even.

Bare Minerals Stroke of Light
I use a dab of this pink-toned brightener under each eye and blend with my finger to illuminate my under eye area (no concealer needed!)

Benefit Eye Bright Pencil (optional)
For extra brightness in the eye area, apply to the inner corners of both eyes and under each lash line and use your finger to blend.

MAC Eyeshadow in "Copperplate"
Apply to bottom lash line only, using an angled brush. This will define your eyes subtly. If you don't like to line your bottom lash line, you can use this to create a soft definition on your top lash line.

Anastasia of Beverly Hills Brow Pencil
Eyebrows frame the face so it's important to fill in sparse areas and define them---it really completes your look. Use gentle strokes when applying for the most natural look.

Urban Decay 24/7 Liner in "Zero" (optional)
Apply to the waterline for additional definition.

NARS "Laguna" Bronzer
Swipe along cheekbones, hairline and sides of nose for a sun-kissed glow.

Bobbi Brown Blush in "Peony"
Apply to the apples of the cheeks for a rosy glow that looks like you got sleep, even though you were up 3 times during the night to feed your baby.

DiorShow Mascara- Waterproof
My favorite mascara---makes lashes look so long and lush. I like the waterproof version because it lasts and doesn't smudge on hot summer days.

Dermstore Lip Quench
A friend recently purchased this lip treatment for me and I love it! It has a very light pink color and is a fantastic lip conditioner.

Has your makeup routine changed since becoming a momma? How did you make it simpler/quicker?

Hope everyone has a great week!


0 comments:

Post a Comment