August Beauty Picks from H-E-B

If you've read my blog for awhile, then you know I'm the type of gal who likes to stick to with a signature look. I love trying new products, but sometimes I hesitate to try different products because I don't want to deviate too much from my day-to-day routine. However, some of my most holy grail products were discovered on a whim, so in the spirit of trying new things, I'm thrilled to announce that I'm partnering with H-E-B to review beauty products from a variety of different brands every few months!

I like that I'll have the chance to review products I had anticipated trying out---and also ones I may have never thought to try out.

Here are my favorites of the ones I tested out this month!
1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5

I was excited to see these in my beauty package because I had heard so many great things about this new L'Oreal line.  As some of you may know, L'Oreal makes Kerastase products, which are considered some of the best haircare products on the market, so I tend to be impressed with most of their L'Oreal Paris products too---and let's face it, the price point is just right. This shampoo and conditioner have a nice scent and make hair feel clean and soft without weighing down my roots, thank goodness, because I like a blowout that's very voluminous. I also used the Dual Protect Spray from the line before blowdrying and really enjoyed it. It helps protect hair against the heat of your blowdryer and other styling tools while conditioning and softening your hair.  This was probably my favorite set of products to test out from the batch!

Milani Baked Blush
I was pleasantly surprised by this blush because it's in a color I wouldn't ordinarily pick for myself (it's called Berry Amore).  First of all, though I use a matte blush daily, I liked that this one had a slight shimmer to it which made my cheeks look glow-y. Though the color is called "berry," it's still very much a pretty pink shade that gives a natural looking flush to the cheeks.  Though I wouldn't swap my everyday blush out for it, I thought it had good pigmentation lasted a full day and looked pretty on my skin. I also checked out some other reviews online of this blush and holy glowing cheeks!  If you prefer a dewier look, this is the blush for you, it looks beautiful on so many skin tones.

Dove Go Fresh Body Wash
I absolutely love Dove soaps and body washes. I have been a devotee of their sensitive skin bar soap for years and recently tried the body wash version of the soap as well. Dove's Go Fresh body wash is rich and moisturizing (not at all watery like some body washes) and smells lovely (I love fruity scents!) Definitely a staple in your shower---and when I don't feel like using shaving cream, the rich texture of the body wash totally does the trick.

Maybelline Rocket Volume Mascara
Though I received the regular version of this mascara, I had purchased the waterproof version myself months ago and never got around to reviewing it on my blog.  I am a sucker for products with the word "volume" in them, especially when it comes to lashes. I like length, but for me, volume and thickness is essential because I feel I get great length to my lashes just by curling them---so bring on any product that can give me lush, full lashes! This is a great mascara. It does deliver on the promise of adding volume to lashes and I also like using it on my bottom lashes.  The brush is thick too, which I like and it's buildable, so I can apply a few coats without it clumping all over the place.  I wouldn't say it's the best mascara I've ever used, but the best mascara I've used costs $30 a tube, so this mascara gives nice results, for less than 1/3 of the price!

L'Oreal Revitalift Miracle Blur
Of all the products I tested out, this one struck my curiosity most. I remember that there was a similar skin blurring product that was being raved about on YouTube beauty channels nearly a year ago but I never tried it.  This product is supposed to help disguise fine lines, pores and even out skin.  I applied it after moisturizer but before my makeup. It has the consistency of a makeup primer but it didn't make my powder foundation look strange like typical makeup primers have in the past. I did not use it all over my face, instead focusing on areas where I could use a little blurring action--- my forehead, for fine lines and my nose, for pores.  It did seem to reduce the appearance of my pores especially, both right when I applied it (it makes skin look really even and more matte) and even moreso under my makeup. Overall I'd say this product is definitely worth trying and it may even be a great fit for someone who doesn't wear a base but wants to create the illusion of more even toned skin. 

I hope you all enjoyed these reviews and I'm excited to get the next batch of products to test out!  All of these products are available at H-E-B so you can prettify yourself while also shopping for groceries...and these days, I appreciate the convenience of a one-stop-shop more than ever before.

Have you tried any new products lately? Is there anything I should try out?  Share your recommendations below!

0 comments:

Post a Comment