32 weeks!

If you checked out my blog over the weekend, you'll know that I had my first baby shower last Saturday, hosted by my mother-in-law's sweet friends!  More excitement is coming up this week as my friend Heather just flew in from Toronto last night and my second baby shower is this Saturday. I can't wait to see everyone and to spend time with Heather, who I haven't seen since last May (other than via FaceTime, of course). I am so lucky to have such amazing and supportive friends in my life, there's nothing better.

Now that I'm past the 32-week mark, I'm starting to see my OB every two weeks instead of every four. The reality that we have just seven weeks until my due date has really hit me.  I am so excited but I've also felt more anxious lately.  I worry a lot...is the baby moving enough? is everything going to go okay during my delivery? I've always been a worrier, but it hasn't really escalated until recently.  I don't know if it's the hormones or what...I've just been more anxious lately than earlier on in my pregnancy. Can anyone else relate?

I'm thankful Heather and I booked a spa day today because I think a little relaxation and girl time may be just what I need to soothe some of my anxieties.  We are getting manicures and pedicures and then lounging by the pool and having lunch (followed by some shopping because there are a lot of stores here that they either don't have in Canada or that are much pricier there).  Can't wait!

In other news, the baby's nursery is almost complete.  All of the furniture is there and the book ledges are installed too. Now all I need to do is complete some of my DIY artwork projects, frame the remaining artwork and hang everything.  It's all of those little details that will pull together the room.  I can't wait to share it with you all!  

How far along? 32 weeks (I do these a week behind as a recap of the previous week, so I'm actually 33 weeks today).  Just 7 more weeks to go!

Total weight gain/loss: I found out at my 32 week appointment that I've gained 20 lbs. so far. 


Maternity clothes? I'm still able to wear some of my regular tops and maternity pants. I have a couple of maternity dresses I've worn a few times too. To be honest, I'm rotating the same few outfits over and over so there really isn't much to showcase here on the blog. I just wear what's comfortable and flattering at this stage of pregnancy. My favorite go-to outfit has been a Liz Lange for Target maternity tank, my GAP really skinny maternity pants, Tory Burch Reva flats and my Talula blazer.  It's comfortable and still somewhat pulled-together.

Speaking of clothes, I also stopped wearing regular bras weeks ago. My rib pain is too intense to wear bras (they dig into the part that hurts) so I'm wearing these Gap ones--- they are amazing, super soft and most importantly, comfortable. I also have this one (in jade) and this one (in mint) from Forever 21. The colors are gorgeous and they are also really comfortable and flattering.

Stretch marks? Not yet, I'm continuing to use Belli's Elasticity Belly OilMamma Mio Tummy Rub and Mustela double-action stretch mark cream in rotation. 

Symptoms: I still have the rib pain on my left side and my back hurts when I'm sitting at my desk a lot (thankfully I have days where I'm out and about much more).  I'm also feeling more emotional and hormonal lately. 


Sleep: Sleep is okay. I still get up twice a night or so to pee, but it has become the norm and I fall back asleep pretty well most nights. Sometimes, especially on weekends, I have a hard time sleeping in.

Best moment this week: My baby shower was amazing. I felt really blessed that so many people came out to celebrate our baby girl.  

Have you told family and friends: Yes!

Miss Anything? Just not having pain in my ribs


Movement: Movement has been something that has really been stressing me out lately. I have times of the day where she's really active and other times I worry if I haven't felt her for awhile. I do the kick counts but sometimes it's hard not to worry.  I know as babies get bigger they have less room to move. I feel more pushes, swishes and pressure now versus kicks and jabs (though I still definitely feel those sometimes too).  She is definitely more active some days than others.


Food cravings: Still Subway, Reeces peanut butter eggs and honey nut cheerios.


Anything making you queasy or sick: Not really.



Have you started to show yet: Most definitely!







Baby is a: Girl!

Belly Button in or out? Outie and still looks like a deformed cinnamon bun. 


Wedding rings on or off? On

Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy!


Looking forward to: My baby shower on Saturday and my friend visiting from Canada :) 

Thank you for reading and for all of my pregnant readers, please feel free to check in below as well and let me know how your pregnancy is going :) I also welcome everyone's advice and comments about pregnancy!

0 comments:

Post a Comment