31 weeks!

I want to start this post by saying that I was absolutely blown away by the thoughtful, sweet responses to my last post about parenting.  I'm so lucky to have readers who are supportive, compassionate and willing to share their own experiences. It means the world to me that many of you took the time to leave a comment---thank you for allowing this to be a place I can share such personal parts of my past without fear.

It's safe to say that third trimester has officially hit me. I'm at the point where I'm experiencing those nagging discomforts. I try to take it in stride because I feel blessed to have had a good pregnancy so far.  I'm experiencing increasing rib pain and lower back pain from sitting in my chair at work.  I try to walk around a lot and sit up straight but it can be hard sometimes. I also notice I'm out of breath more often these days as baby is growing rapidly and taking up more room.

Though there are some discomforts in these last couple of months---there's also so much excitement! My first baby shower, hosted by my mother-in-law's sweet friends, is this weekend and my second shower is the following weekend.  It will be so nice to spend time with everyone celebrating the impending arrival of our precious baby girl. I'm also excited about all of the yummy food and desserts.

This past weekend my husband and I drove out to Willowbrook mall which has one of two H&M's in Houston. I wanted to check out the baby clothes because I saw so many cute ones online.  I was a little disappointed in the selection, but I did pick out a few sweet items:


I also picked up some tension rods from Target to use in her closet so that there was more hanging space. I'm going to hang everything by size eventually.  I still have tags on most of the items--- because a lot of moms gave me the advice to only wash items that are 0-3 months and maybe a few 6 month items. That way if the baby never wears something before she outgrows it, I can exchange it.  


As far as nursery progress goes---some of the prints I ordered came in but I'm waiting until after my showers to really start putting the finishing touches on the room.  All that's left is wall shelves, hanging wall art and little details here and there. I can't wait to share the final look with you all!

How far along? 31 weeks (I do these a week behind as a recap of the previous week, so I'm actually 32 weeks today).  Just 8 more weeks to go!

Total weight gain/loss: I will find out at my 32 week appointment tomorrow, but I imagine it's somewhere around 15-17 lbs. or more. 


Maternity clothes? I'm still able to wear normal tops and maternity pants. All of those loose tops are coming in handy now that my belly is round and getting rounder...

Stretch marks? Not yet, I'm continuing to use Belli's Elasticity Belly OilMamma Mio Tummy Rub and Mustela double-action stretch mark cream in rotation. 

Symptoms: Still rib pain, lower back discomfort if I sit a lot, more shortness of breath...typical third tri symptoms.  Also---funny pregnancy "symptom": I only have to shave my legs like once every 3 weeks. It's like my leg hair just doesn't grow anymore. Kind of hoping it stays that way.


Sleep: I'm sleeping well and dreaming a TON.  I get up twice a night to pee (always at 1:30 a.m. or so and 4-4:30 a.m. or so).

Best moment this week: On Sunday when we were at church for Easter, the baby kicked, rolled and pushed around in my belly the entire time we were there. It made me smile :)


Have you told family and friends: Yes!

Miss Anything? Just not having pain in my ribs


Movement: She has on and off days. Some days she is all over the place having a dance party in there and other days she moves less often in little spurts. Feeling her is always the best part of my day.

Food cravings: Still Subway, Reeces peanut butter eggs, ice cream, fruit loops with milk.


Anything making you queasy or sick: Not really.



Have you started to show yet: Most definitely!


Baby is a: Girl!

Belly Button in or out? Outie and still looks like a deformed cinnamon bun. It shows through when I wear a fitted tank and it makes me laugh (awkwardly). 


Wedding rings on or off? On

Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy!


Looking forward to: My baby showers and my friend visiting from Canada.

Thank you for reading and for all of my pregnant readers, please feel free to check in below as well and let me know how your pregnancy is going :) I also welcome everyone's advice and comments about pregnancy!

0 comments:

Post a Comment