17 weeks!

I figured I'd start this weekly update with an outfit post! These were taken at 17 weeks, 5 days pregnant.




Blazer- Aritzia (similar, similar)
Blouse- J.Crew (similar, love this option too)
Pants- GAP really skinny maternity pants (buy here)
Shoes- Kate Spade (similar)
Necklace- c/o Stella & Dot (love this one)
Bag- LV Neverfull GM


How far along? 17 weeks (I do these a week behind as a recap, so I'm actually 18 weeks today)

Total weight gain/loss: At my last appointment I had gained 4lbs, but when I weighed myself at my in laws, I was back down to my pre-pregnancy weight so it looks like it is still fluctuating.


Maternity clothes? I bought some dress pants and black skinny pants at GAP maternity for 50% off. I also got three long sleeved v-neck tops there. I don't need them yet but everything was so inexpensive that I decided to go for it. I wore the black skinny pants to work on the 24th and they were great---but they really stretched out as I wore them so I am going to have to try and shrink them a bit.  Word to the wise, size down a size or two from your normal size in GAP maternity. That's what I did and I still find the skinny pants got baggy. I will report back on the GAP modern boot dress pants as well.

Stretch marks? Not yet (still using Belli's Elasticity Belly Oil at night and Mamma Mio Tummy Rub during the day). 


Symptoms:  Nothing new from past weeks.  I am feeling pretty good.


Sleep: Still using my Snoogle and have been sleeping well. Sleeping on my left side is becoming easier.

Best moment this week: 
Getting to see the baby at our elective u/s.  We went to find out the baby's sex before Christmas, but baby's cord was between its legs the entire time. No biggie!  We will find out when baby is good and ready :)


Have you told family and friends: Yes!


Miss Anything? Not really.


Movement: I continue to feel those popcorn popping sensations in the evening.  Sometimes it's several pops in a row and sometimes just once or twice. I can't wait to feel movement more consistently!


Food cravings: I'm not sure if I'm having cravings versus just liking things. I haven't had a moment this week where I just HAD TO have something. One thing I have been loving lately are egg McMuffins and breakfast burritos. Maybe my body is asking for the protein from the eggs! I'm also loving these iced gingerbread cookies that come out around the holidays...but I'm obsessed with them every year!

Anything making you queasy or sick: I sometimes hate the idea of eating chicken. I hate plain chicken right now---it has to be stuffed or have some kind of sauce or be chicken salad. Plain, grilled chicken is a no-go for me lately.

Have you started to show yet:  My stomach continues to fluctuate in size. I totally thought I finally popped...and then one day I woke up and my belly was smaller than it was two weeks prior.  It looks like it will just take some time for this belly to pop.

Gender prediction: We hope to find out whenever baby is ready to show us!


Belly Button in or out? In, but it's starting to look less deep than it used to.


Wedding rings on or off? On


Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy!


Looking forward to: Hitting the 20 week mark. I can't believe I'll be halfway through the pregnancy in just two weeks. Our anatomy scan is the second week of January and we are praying for a healthy baby.


Thank you for reading and for all of my pregnant readers, please feel free to check in below as well and let me know how your pregnancy is going :) I also welcome everyone's advice and comments about pregnancy!

0 comments:

Post a Comment