15 Weeks!

Week 15 was pretty good!  My goal for the coming weeks is to try to get back into Bar Method classes again. I have to learn the modifications for pregnancy via their DVD, so I haven't been as motivated as I'd like to be. I try to walk a lot on weekends as I do my errands but the weather and darkness outside has kept me from wanting to walk after work.  If you have any tips for how to get motivated to be active during pregnancy, please let me know what worked for you!

How far along? 15 Weeks

Total weight gain/loss: Not sure, my 16 week appointment is tomorrow. I imagined I've gained a few pounds but not sure as I don't have a scale at home. 


Maternity clothes? Not yet, but my pants are getting a bit snug throughout the day.

Stretch marks? Not yet (still using Belli's Elasticity Belly Oil at night and Mamma Mio Tummy Rub during the day)


Symptoms:  O
ccasionally I get stretching type pains/sensations in my uterus. If I'm on the couch in one position for too long I'll sometimes get a very brief sharp pain as I stand (this has actually only happened twice).  I still get pretty bloated throughout the day. My skin is still more oily than usual and I am still dealing with blackheads. My nipples are still sensitive/tender as well.

Sleep: Still using my Snoogle.  I sleep on my left side most of the night and on my right side for portions of the night when I feel like I need a change to get back to sleep. I sleep pretty well but some nights I do feel a little restless...luckily that does not happen very often.

Best moment this week:
Booking our u/s to find out the sex of the baby! We will announce it at Christmas. It was also great to have enough energy to clean the house this past weekend. I know that sounds lame, but I love a clean house! I also have my 16 week appointment on Thursday so I always look forward to those.


Worst moment of the week: Realizing how much work it's going to be to clear the entire baby room out (which is now an office/random room) and wondering where that furniture will go...maybe Craigslist...


Have you told family and friends: Yes!


Miss Anything? Sleeping on my stomach, working out regularly (and having the motivation to)


Movement: I hope to feel baby soon!  It is so hard to tell if little sensations are gastrointestinal or not...can't wait for a moment where I know for certain. The other night I had what felt like a piece of popcorn "popping" in that area but it was so light...it's just really difficult to tell if that's the baby or not.


Food cravings: cuties clementines (cannot stop eating them), tomato soup, grilled cheese, gingerbread cookies, cereal with milk (for dinner).

Anything making you queasy or sick: Not really...though sometimes being at the grocery store with all of the smells combined makes me feel a bit queasy. I still get very light nausea when I am hungry, which is not very often since I eat all.the.time.


Have you started to show yet: I wasn't at 15 weeks but my belly is definitely starting to grow and not just with bloating!  You'll have to wait for my 16 week update for that. L
ast weekend on Facebook I asked you all when YOU started to show because I was starting to get worried when I took some 15 week photos.  But many of you assured me that you didn't show until 20 weeks---or beyond!  I think due to my height, long torso and the fact that my stomach muscles were pretty tight before I got pregnant, it may just take my body a little longer for my belly to pop---but now that I'm 16 weeks as I write this, I can tell it's happening.




(Taken at about 15 weeks, 3 days- my stomach is MUCH bigger now 
at 16 weeks, I couldn't believe the difference!)


Gender prediction: I think it's a boy, H thinks it's a girl. 50/50 chance of being right ;) We will do the big reveal Christmas day!


Labor Signs: No


Belly Button in or out? In


Wedding rings on or off? On


Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy!


Looking forward to: Feeling the baby move and finding 
out the sex of the baby in the next couple of weeks.

Thank you for reading and for all of my pregnant readers, please feel free to check in below as well and let me know how your pregnancy is going :) I also welcome everyone's advice and comments about pregnancy :)

PS- I really need to start taking regular belly shots (like full head-to-toe).  I really wanted to document that and I have been slacking on doing more formal photos.

0 comments:

Post a Comment