We Quit the Gym.

Remember that episode of Friends where Ross and Chandler try to quit the gym? Then the attractive woman comes out and they just keep repeating "we're quitting the gym!"

Well, my experience was nothing like that---but we did it---both H and I quit our bootcamp classes. I know that sounds crazy since last year we were going to class about 5 days a week, but it just wasn't fitting with our lives and schedules anymore. The only class we can really go to is the 6:30 evening class and we felt too restricted to only be able to workout at that time of day.

H and I decided that the money we were spending on bootcamp (it was a lot!) was not really justified since we basically stopped going completely for the last few months. I think we've probably gone to five or six classes in the last four months.

We've both been busy with work and other obligations and we also felt guilty coming home all the time and leaving right away to go to the gym after our dog was home alone all day already.  It was kind os hectic to get home, change right away and then drive all the way to class again We would have very little time to come home, make dinner and relax.

I think once you do something for a long time, you get eager to try something new (that's probably why I've stuck with taking Bar Method classes about twice a week).  I'm ready for new challenges for my body and I wanted to look forward to working out again. Once any workout I'm doing becomes like a chore and I'm no longer excited to go all the time, I know it's time to move on.

I'm now trying to motivate myself to work out at home. There are plenty of amazing at-home workouts I could do (I have at least 10 workout DVDs) and YouTube had its own offerings like the incredible workouts at BodyRockTV and by the girls at ToneitUp (and bonus---theyre free!)

I really have no excuses---we have two spare bedrooms I could use and my laptop can play workout videos anywhere in our home. Since I've worked out with a personal trainer and done bootcamp classes, I am also more confident in all of the moves and won't feel so lost like I used to at the gym.

So tell me---if you work out at home---how do you plan your workouts and how often do you work out? 

I will of course still be taking Bar Method classes twice a week but I'd like to work out another two days during the week and maybe once on the weekend.


...aaaaannndd I'd also like to have this amazing dancer's body! (source)
I may look into more local classes to see if anything else strikes my fancy and we are still looking into getting bicycles for a little cardio action.
Please leave your tips for working out at home in the comments below!
xoxo,

Veronika.

0 comments:

Post a Comment