Home Updates (or Lack Thereof)

I haven't written about our new home in a long time because our house is in shambles. I went on one of my manic cleaning sprees and threw away a ton of stuff and we bought these vacuum seal bags to store things we never use like older bed sheets and pillows, etc. Basically, our house looked better the day after we moved in than it does now.

We've been so busy that we haven't had a chance to do much with the house. Our new chandelier sits in the box it came in, unassembled.

I'm hoping that the holidays will inspire me to get into the spirit of working on the house again.  Here's what's on my priorities list:

Assemble and install kitchen chandelier
Buy a new coffee table (we are thinking of getting the same IKEA one we already have---but in WHITE---thoughts?) The rest of our furniture is so dark and I thought a pop of white next to the gray couch would be nice?

(this is the current coffee table and rug)




Hang the pretty mirror we got at Lowes


Figure out what I want to do with the guest room. I'm at a complete loss on this one. I need to go through my library of inspiration photos and see what direction I'd like to go in.  I think it would be fun to do something bold in there, but I also love my neutrals so we'll have to see. 

(current guest room)
Here are some colors/ideas/inspirations I am liking right now for a guest room:

Get a new rug for under our coffee table---we threw our old one away because it kept shedding and getting crusty white stuff on our floors. Ew. I'd like a similar off-white shag rug again because I thought it worked well with our couches.

(the rug that is gone now)

Paint our master bedroom.  The dark brown accent walls are fun and all...but they're not a color I would have picked. I think I'm going to go for a light gray shade. Love the way it looks with bright white trim.  I have no idea when this will happen, but I'm in no rush because I don't hate the dark brown.


What's on your home to-do list?  If you have any ideas about some of my rooms, let me know in the comments below!


xoxo,

Veronika.

0 comments:

Post a Comment