SI Swimsuit Issue: Brooklyn Decker Graces 2010 Cover

You didn't think I'd possibly post about anything else today than the swimsuit issue of Sports Illustrated, right? especially since the gorgeous Brooklyn Decker made the cover (yay for her!) At just 22 years of age, this is quite a big accomplishment for her modeling career.


What I love about SI is the natural makeup, soft wavy hair, gorgeous skin (with freckles showing!) and the curvier bodies. Before someone takes my next comment the wrong way, I am going to preface it by saying that to me, being the height, weight and shape I am naturally, the bodies of many of these models look very achievable. None of them look emaciated, they just all look gorgeous and thin, but with curves. I love that Sports Illustrated uses women with a variety of body shapes. In addition to models, the swimsuit issue features Olympic Athletes, Dancing with the Stars dancers and football wives. I love it!

Here are some of my favorite models/shots from the issue. You can see all of the photos online too, just click here.

I'll start with the stunning Brooklyn Decker. I know exactly why she got the cover, she is just perfection in every shot! All photos from SI.com. Click to enlarge.



I love this yellow suit:

If you want to see more of Brooklyn, you can go to her gallery here.

Then, there's stunning model Cintia Dicker. Can we discuss the perfection of her face? To me, her skin, hair, eyes, lips etc are just so stunning. Did I mention I LOVE freckles? I used to have way more of them and though I know they are caused by sun damage, I think they are incredibly sexy and beautiful. I miss having obvious freckles. Mine started to fade in high school. I remember getting a modeling job when I was about 15 and my agency fibbed a little and told them I had a face full of freckles. I showed up and the makeup artist had to draw freckles onto my face with an eye pencil. Good times.

Another favorite of mine is model Daniella Sarahyba. Her features are so beautiful and I love her thick, dark hair. Here she is:

Then, there's a model I haven't seen before named Esti Ginzburg. I love her face too. I think Sports Illustrated really chooses their models carefully and picks girls with youthful, gorgeous faces as opposed to runway models who can sometimes be more harsh/editorial/intense looking (not all, but some.) SI always has women who (to me) look very feminine, girly, pretty.

Next up is longtime SI model Anne V. Love her!

Model Bar Refaeli posed for SI again this year, looking awesome as usual. Look at the way her hips curve! Beautiful!

Model Irina Shayk is another fave of mine. Her exotic features are so beautiful:

Julie Henderson has also done SI for several years now, and I love her super-natural look (and her cute freckles of course!)

Last, but not least, another fave of mine is model Julie Ordon. Isn't she pretty?

What do you think of this year's SI Swimsuit Issue? Do you have any favorite models from this year? Let me know in the comments below. I was surprised not to see Marisa Miller this year.

Before I go, here are some additional pics of Brooklyn on her press tour for her SI cover.


xoxo,

Veronika.

0 comments:

Post a Comment