Happy Valentines Day Lovelies! (& Valentine OOTD plus Hubby's Outfit!)

HAPPY VALENTINES DAY! My lovely husband and I celebrated yesterday evening. We had an 8:30 dinner reservation at Americas, and let's just say we didn't eat until 10:00PM. I don't understand why restaurants take on more than they can handle on a holiday, or why they let walk-ins be seated when there are people with reservations...but that's a whole other story!

Despite the horribly long wait, we had an awesome dinner! Having said that, I feel kinda sick this morning. I think eating late combined with sleeping on such a full stomach was not the greatest idea.

My husband completely surprised me yesterday with the best gift ever. It's so hard for him to surprise me because usually if I want something I just buy it or I tell him what I'd really love to have for a certain holiday. I'm pretty picky, so this is usually really effective. This year, he told me he had gotten something for me, but I had NO idea what it could possibly be.

He got me this Michael Kors watch:

Sorry the pictures are so awful, but it is gorgeous in real life. I've always wanted a masculine yet feminine watch, and this one is perfect. Every time we shopped, I would always stop to look at Michael Kors watches, and I actually would have picked this one out myself. Luckily my smart husband consulted my best friend to make sure his selection was a good one :) If you'd like to see better photos, you can see the watch here.

Thank you husband! I love it <3. I have to go and get it adjusted today though because it is pretty big on me. Once I can peel myself off of the couch I will go do that.

And now, for my OOTD (Valentines Dinner Edition). I didn't plan this outfit, it just happened. I thought to myself "a black dress is always OK for any occasion." Plus, the one I wore is all lacy, which I thought was perfect for Valentines day:

Cardigan (in first pic)- Express lace trim cardigan; Dress- Forever 21; Tights- Target; Shoes-DSW "me too" brand; Braclet- Forever 21, Necklace- Etsy.

I really love the ruffly, lacy awesomeness of that dress. Plus it was less than $30. I've actually worn it quite a bit since I bought it more than a year ago. After 3 glasses of wine, when we got home and I was snapping shots for the blog, my husband said "what about MY outfit of the day?" So I snapped a shot of his outfit too.

Dress shirt, tie and sweater- Banana Republic; Jeans- Diesel "Vicker"; shoes- Kenneth Cole.

I'm also going to include some shots of my makeup look. I was able to snap a pic of the Maybelline Lipstick in "Born with It" that I reviewed in this blog.
It is such a soft, pretty beige-y/pink color. Love it! It looks so neutral on lips...more of an enhancer lipstick than a color lipstick (which is exactly the look I love.)
My eye look was pretty simple. I used a softy ivory eyeshadow from my Coastal Scents 88 warm Palette and another shimmery champagne color from that palette all over...then I used one of the soft light shimmery brown colors in the crease. I think I have that weird eye shape where you can't even tell when I wear shadow.

I also used NARS' multiple in "Luxor" on inner corners and brow bone. Then I used Bobbi Brown's gel liner in "black mauve" to line my lid and bottom lashes and Bonne Bell eyeliner in "black ink" on my waterline. I'm also wearing L'Oreal Volume Collagen mascara on curled lashes. I LOVE this mascara and reviewed it here.

I wore NARS Laguna Bronzer all over and Bobbi Brown blush in "peony" on cheeks topped with MAC MSF in "porcelain pink" to add a shimmer/glow. Here are a few shots of the full look:
What did you do for Valentine's day? Let me know in the comments below. Thank you for reading!

xoxo,

Veronika.

0 comments:

Post a Comment