A DiorShow Alternative?

I can't believe I'm even typing the words I'm about to type, but I think I have found a mascara that I am happy enough with to actually compare to my beloved DiorShow.

It's L'Oreal's New Extra Volume Collagen Waterproof Mascara in "Blackest Black." I don't know if it's the formula or the brush or a combo of the two...but this mascara is incredible. It gives me thick, feathery awesome lashes with tons of length and volume. It doesn't smudge or look cakey or flakey. It is lash perfection in a tube.

So, if you've got $7.99 and haven't found a mascara you love yet (or are trying to find a cheaper one than your designer one) then I definitely recommend you hit Target, Walgreens, CVS or another cosmetics retailer and pick this one up. It's SO much better than L'Oreal Voluminous too, which I previously thought was amazing. No my friends, this one is better.

I curl my lashes and apply one coat on each lash. By one coat, I mean I take what's on the brush on the first swipe out of the tube and apply it to my lashes using a "swipe up" motion from roots to tips, several times. I don't need more than one coat to make my lashes look full and lush. I don't like to use too many coats because I find if you put the first coat on and then re-dip and apply another (and another) it just starts to cake and flake (not this formula, all formulas in general.)

I hope this mascara soon finds a home in your collection- and if it does, let me know how you like it.

xoxo,

Veronika.

PS- THANK YOU to all of the incredible women who have been so amazingly supportive of me lately. I appreciate your thoughts, kind words and advice more than you know.

0 comments:

Post a Comment