Color Your Home with Florals!

Today, my husband and I hit the gym together and I had an awesome workout. I ended up doing only 15 minutes of cardio though, because some man got onto the one next to me 10 mins into my workout, and he reeked of cologne or perfume or something. It was like a vanilla musk. So so awful. It was so strong I started to cough. I am really sensitive to smells so I just had to leave and go upstairs to do the rest of my workout. I really don't get why people feel the need to douse themselves in perfume or cologne or overly-scented anything at the gym. It is really distracting for a lot of people.

Anywho, I was able to remember a ton of moves from pilates class, and incorporate them into my workout. I used to be ALL ABOUT the machines [at the gym], but now that I've taken pilates and worked with a personal trainer, I understand that using tools like free weights, stability balls, bosu balls, resistance bands and just your own body weight are much more effective and give way better results. I was pretty happy that I was able to get just as a great of a workout on my own as I do in a class, because that has always been a challenge for me.

My husband and I got Buffalo Wild Wings for the SuperBowl today and we have friends bringing pizza and other pig-out foods! YUM! Today is a "calories don't count" day for me. I don't eat like this all of the time, so it's OK once in awhile to have a fattening calorie fest (and all the more acceptable, I think, on SuperBowl Sunday.)

Before we arrived at home, I stopped at Walgreens to pick up a prescription, and I remembered I wanted to try the Tressemme Dry Shampoo that just came out so I picked that up along with a few other items.

From L-R: Tresemme Dry Shampoo for normal/oily straight hair, Maybelline Lipstick in "Born with it," L'oreal Extra-Volume Collagen WP mascara in "blackest black," and L'Oreal Ever Strong sulphate-free hydrate conditioner.

I'll let you know how the products are when I try them. I did use a quick spray of the dry shampoo. It has a citrus-ish smell, which is OK...a bit overpowering, but I'll let you know how I like it when I use it "for real."

I also picked up some zinc from the vitamin store after Stephie from Superficial Obsession wrote about its benefits on her blog. It is supposed to reduce inflammation and be great for your skin and hair.

Speaking of skin, I'd like to give a "first week" Clarisonic update. I've used it everyday since last Sunday at night only, before I go to bed. I use it for 1.5-2 minutes. I use it with my regular cleansers (not the one that came with it).

What I've noticed so far:
skin feels MUCH smoother
skin feels much cleaner and softer
skin does appear more even (less splotchy/redness)
pores appear smaller

I will continue to use it and report any updates. I did for the first few days experience a tiny outbreak of teeny tiny little pimples along my hairline, but that could have been from hair products and not the Clarisonic.

So far, so good.

Before I go, I wanted to show one of my Target home purchases from Saturday. I'm obsessed with have flowers in my home, but since I can't afford real ones, I get artificial ones. I think they really add beauty and pop of color to any room. Here is my latest arrangement:

(From Target, $9.99 per stem, I have 2 stems in this one)

So pretty! I just really love how fresh it looks (well, to me it does.) I think I like florals in my home as much as I like them on my clothes.

This is one of the arrangements in our bedroom on our dresser: (the flowers are from Pottery Barn, Z Gallerie and Crate & Barrel)

We have another (smaller arrangement) on our dresser as well.

Then, there's this one in our living room:


More living room florals:

(even my candle holders are floral!)


So yeah, I am pretty enamored with flowers. I just can't help it, they make me happy!

Do you have flowers (real of fake) in your home? What do you do to brighten up your home? Please share your tips, tricks and advice in the comments below!

Hope everyone had a great weekend!

xoxo,

Veronika.

0 comments:

Post a Comment