Let's Talk Ann Taylor Sizing (& a Weekend Haul)

My husband had to exchange some of his shirts today, so we headed to the Galleria and of course, I had an ulterior motive and wanted to check out Ann Taylor because I had wanted to use my 40% off coupon on these shoes with a bow. When I saw them in person, I just felt the bow was not dramatic enough to spend $155 on, even if they were 40% off. I want to find shoes similar to the Ann Taylor ones but with a larger bow. I am tall and my feet are huge, so sometimes I need something a little more dramatic to make an impact/be noticeable (I was thrilled, for example when the huge purse trend started several years ago, because I can rock a massive travel bag like it's any old handbag.)



Anywho, you KNOW I didn't leave Ann Taylor without checking out their new spring collection and sale racks. A few weeks ago, I paid a visit to Ann Taylor and tried on a pretty, simple black dress with bow accents at the shoulders. It was on sale for about 50$ and I thought to myself "this is a cute dress for $50.") Alas, they didn't have my size.



Wait, let me re-state that. Ann Taylor sizing is SO incredibly off, that my size was too large on me. Yes, the size 4 dress was too big. They swore they didn't have a 2 and I checked the racks over and over. Sadly, there was no 2.



Oddly, when I went today, I found that same dress in a 2...and another in a 2P...I wonder where those were a few weeks ago? Considering the $50 dress was actually an additional 40% off today, I felt like it was a message from the shopping gods whispering "you must have this" [to me] as my husband shook his head at the feverish look in my eyes when I realize what an amazing deal I'm about to score.



The dress doesn't look like much on the hanger, but I promise it is the perfect work dress. So it was $49.88 and I got it 40% off: (by the way, the dress was originally GASP!!! $175. I want to know who would actually pay that much for a simple black work dress that's not a designer brand...no judgment, but phew, that's a lot for an Ann Taylor dress. Thank God for sales!)







After I got my hands on this dress, I became even more excited as I focused in on one item so amazing, it took my breath away a little bit (umm...I think I have a problem.)



As with everything in that store, the sizing is crazy and I had to get this gorgeous top in a size XS. Oh but how gorgeous and fluffy it is....and the color...oh the sweet gorgeous color. The collar reminds me of little flower petals...like you could pick them off for days and days saying "he loves me, he loves me not..." sigh. So pretty.



You may not agree...but this blouse is just so stunning. It looks especially incredible on. I just <3>



I am just so confused about the sizing in this store...is it a massive case of vanity sizing? I just can't imagine I would ever be a size 2 in anything in any other stores. I guess maybe it might be just that one dress since the bottom part is not super fitted or anything. Does anyone else find the sizing off at Ann Taylor? By the way, if you haven't been yet, their spring collection has lots of pretty stuff.



I also paid a visit to J. Crew and they had a few amazing items...but I'm kind of boycotting them because I hate that they never have specials or any significant sales (in stores). I would be shopping there ever darn weekend if they offered me 40% off of one item for one day only. I always have to wait for things to go on sale there, and even when they do I sometimes think they are too pricey. Especially tissue-thin shirts. They have gorgeous stuff...but sometimes I think the price just completely turns me off.



Finally, we stopped by at LuluLemon so my husband could get his first pair of Lulu's. Yay! LuluLemon pants are seriously superior to any I have ever worn. I've had my black still pants for like 4 years, wash them at least once a week and they still look and fit great. Amazing.



While at Lulu, I remembered a girl in my Pilates class this morning was wearing a gorgeous colored racerback from there, so I made a note to check and see if they still had that color (they switch out colors a lot.) They did, and I got to snag one of the last ones. It's light a bright indigo purple. Love it!



I actually own this top in 3 other colors and love them because they are so long and comfy. They wash and wear well, and because of the long length, I'm not always having to pull them down. I just lover racerbacks. They are so flattering.



Did you shop any Valentines/Presidents Day sales today? Let me know what you got in the comments below.



xoxo,



Veronika.







0 comments:

Post a Comment