Weekend Updates

Today H and I went to the mall for a quick trip to pick up some makeup items I had run out of. 


I repurchased Bobbi Brown's blush in "peony" (the only blush I wear) and realized that this is the first time I have ever repurchased it which means my original one lasted more than two years (yay!). I also got a new tube of Urban Decay Primer Potion as well as Urban Decay's 24/7 glide-on liner in "zero" which is amazing for the waterline. Totally holy grail material.

Nowadays, when I go to the mall, I hardly ever go to any stores I used to frequent. I just skip right past them and go to Baby GAP to see what's new (and there is SO MUCH cute stuff there right now).

Though we only went to the mall to purchase the makeup items I needed, I decided visit Zara for the first time in months and was pleasantly surprised with what was in store. Their fall/winter collection was kind of blah for me and I didn't buy anything there for a long time, but the spring items that are coming out are pretty and there are a lot of great pairs of shoes too.  One jacket I loved was this one:

(Dear Zara: models look prettier when they smile and so do the clothes)

There were several other items that caught my eye but I can't find a lot of them online.  I did love these shoes and they also had some great skinny jeans in lots of fun pastel colors and prints as well as some gorgeous blazers.  I left the store empty-handed though.  I kind of stopped having as much fun shopping for myself since I got pregnant.  I didn't know how my body would change so I thought it was pointless to buy new clothing that I might not be able to wear. Plus, I've been so focused on buying things for the baby that it's been a lot easier to resist purchases for myself...and since I'll be on leave for 3 months, I won't need a closet full of new clothes (more like comfy workout clothes and sweatpants, ha). Did any of you ladies find that you shopped less for yourself during pregnancy? 

H finished painting the nursery bathroom and closet this weekend and I think it looks really cute!  I didn't want the actual room to have a lot of pink, so I decided to go all out in the connecting bathroom and closet.  We used Restoration Hardware Baby & Child paint in the color "petal" which is the same pink shade they do their bedding in. It's a really soft, beautiful pink that reminds me of some of my favorite nail polishes like Essie's "Fiji."  


Since I have to go through the bathroom to get to the closet, I wanted to paint it and add some wall art  so the entire room felt complete.  I think we will probably bathe the baby in our bathroom for awhile but it will be nice to establish a bath time routine in her own bathroom once she's a little bit older. I also mentioned in a previous post that we have to add some rods and other storage to the small and awkwardly shaped closet so I'll update on that when we've decided what we're doing in there.

Here's the wall color of the nursery---Benjamin Moore's "Revere Pewter" aka, the best gray ever. Soft and perfect (it's actually reading a little off in this photo because of the lighting, but we've used it elsewhere in our home, so you get the idea).

(I'm airing out the dresser which is why the drawers are open)

Our crib should arrive next weekend so it's our goal to have the curtains, roman shades and chandelier installed then so we can really start to get the room together.  The glider will still take a few more weeks to come in. I'm hesitant to put up any wall art until all of the furniture is in place because I want to make sure I'm set on where every piece of furniture will be before we start hammering nails into the walls.  The plan is to do some artwork above the dresser though. I'm hoping it will work on the existing wall it's on now, but there are two other walls that dresser could be moved to, if need be.  Once the crib is here we will have a better idea of how it will all be arranged.

Speaking of baby stuff---this is our guest room right now:


Uh, yeah. It's basically a storage room of baby stuff and boxes. I didn't want to throw anything away just in case, so this room is kind of a baby items storage room right now.  And yes, those balloons are the same ones from when we found out the sex of the baby. I felt bad throwing them away so they just hang out there, getting smaller and smaller.

Something else that happened this weekend---I think my belly grew a lot! 


I feel like my bump is starting to look a little higher too. I'm still carrying pretty low, but it appears to have moved up some. Maybe baby girl is changing positions.


A quick shot of what I wore today for our shopping trip: Forever 21 sweater, Lululemon tank and tights and Nine West boots. I'm also rocking some 4th day hair that I just brushed in the morning. Ever since I got my hair cut a few weeks ago it has been holding style (curls) and shape really well.  On weekends I just brush it, add no product at all and just go on with my day. I'm so glad I had it cut. If you're in Houston and looking for a great stylist, email me and I'll let you know where I had mine done.

I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend!  

0 comments:

Post a Comment