28 weeks!

Happy Wednesday to all of my readers and major thanks to all of you moms who took the time to comment on my 27 week post!  I loved hearing all of your advice and stories about the first few weeks and months of being a new mom.

I got the most amazing news ever this week!  One of my best friends from Canada is flying in for one of my baby showers in April.  I feel so blessed and lucky that she's visiting.  We are already planning a girls day at ZaSpa for manis and pedis and some poolside relaxation.  I can't wait to spend time together.  I feel fortunate to have maintained close friendships with my friends back home---we FaceTime and text to keep in touch and every time we get together in person it's like nothing ever changed and we pick up right where we left off.  

In other great news---our crib arrived this past weekend. I love it and I'm really happy with how it looks in the room.

(Lulu loves the crib too)

As far as the bedding goes--- I had to return all of the bedding I originally ordered because the fitted sheet was too big for our mattress (but I discovered that Pottery Barn sheets fit perfectly), the crib skirt was not the same style as the one we ordered (the photo was actually misrepresented online) and I decided to change the color of the bumper (we got pink originally but I wasn't feeling it in the room).  I re-ordered a different crib skirt and I'm sticking with the same style bumper but in white. I know the American Academy of Pediatrics advises against using bumpers and we will be following those recommendations, but I love how they look and the baby will not be sleeping in the crib for the first little while so I decided to get a full bedding set to have a completed look. 

Our glider also just came in this week so we are going to pick it up this weekend. It's the last piece of furniture that will be in the room.  The chandelier and curtains will also go up this weekend so it feels like a lot is getting done all at once!

The finishing touches will also be fun to add---the wall art, wall book shelves, etc.  I'm going to get all of the frames and wall shelving at IKEA.  I still haven't found a solution for the closet, but I plan to check out what kind of shelving options they have at IKEA while I'm there.

The only other larger item I'm considering for the room is some kind of upholstered storage bench, but I'm going to wait until all three pieces of furniture are in the room before making any decisions. I don't want it to feel too cluttered.

Onto this week's update!

How far along? 28 weeks (I do these a week behind as a recap of the previous week, so I'm actually 29 weeks today).  Just 11 more weeks to go!

Total weight gain/loss: I found out at my 28 week appointment that I'm up 12 lbs total. My next appointment isn't until 32 weeks so I will find out then how my weight gain is progressing.


My OB also measured my fundal height and I was measuring at exactly 28 weeks, which is great!

Maternity clothes? Still wearing maternity pants and regular tops and blouses. I would love to start wearing dresses again, but it has been chilly here (chilly for Houston, not cold compared to other parts of the country).  I'm always cold (especially when the a/c is on) so it's hard for me to go bare-legged until the temperature is at least in the 70's. I do have a space heater at my desk that comes in handy most days :)

(Just a few cute items I picked up at Target over the weekend)

Stretch marks? Not yet, I'm continuing to use Belli's Elasticity Belly OilMamma Mio Tummy Rub and Mustela double-action stretch mark cream in rotation.

Symptoms: This was the first week I started to feel not so awesome. Don't get me wrong---I definitely have nothing to complain about---I know it could be much worse. I guess I just haven't been feeling as high energy and comfortable as in previous weeks.  


I started to feel some pain and discomfort in my ribs. They feel bruised and sore, especially on my left side. When I sneeze or stretch in bed the pain is pretty intense.


I also noticed I'm losing energy a bit.  I find myself more tired at work and in the evenings I'm asleep by 10 p.m., if not sooner. Even on weekends I find it hard to stay awake past 10.  

I'm also feeling sickly full after most meals in addition to experiencing very occasional reflux after eating.  


Overall though, I'd have to say that my pregnancy has been wonderful---these are just a few symptoms I'm noticing as I get further along. I do feel blessed that I was feeling so great for the last few months as I know that's not the case for everyone. I definitely don't take it for granted.

Sleep: I'm sleeping okay---still getting up to pee once a night (luckily it's only once!) and still experiencing some discomfort when I switch sides and in my hips. I am getting enough sleep though, it's a priority for me since I still work full time.

Best moment this week: We had our 4D ultrasound last Saturday---but we had to reschedule. They couldn't get good pictures of her face due to her position.  We will get to see her again though so that's great :)


I also found out that I passed my gestational diabetes test which I was thrilled about.

Have you told family and friends: Yes!

Miss Anything? Still just sleeping on my stomach and not having to hoist my body over a Snoogle every morning...


Movement: All the time!  I can feel movement on and off throughout the day---and I can see it too!  I often pull up my shirt when I'm in bed or relaxing on the couch just to watch her move. My stomach changes shape when she moves around in there. I really love each kick and movement.


Food cravings: Still Thin Mints, fruit, Reeces peanut butter cups.


Anything making you queasy or sick: I've had a couple of bouts of nausea lately caused by feeling really full when I eat.



Have you started to show yet: Oh yes!  I love this bump. My H says it seems to get bigger by the day.



Baby is a: Girl!

Belly Button in or out? Still in, but it's pushing out more and more. Sometimes it actually feels a little painful from the stretching (not often though, just something I notice very occasionally) 


Wedding rings on or off? On


Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy!


Looking forward to: Getting most of the "big" things done in the nursery and our next 4D ultrasound.

Thank you for reading and for all of my pregnant readers, please feel free to check in below as well and let me know how your pregnancy is going :) I also welcome everyone's advice and comments about pregnancy!

0 comments:

Post a Comment