Weekend...

This morning H and I went to Precious Glance Ultrasound for our second attempt at a 3D view of our little girl.  Baby girl was a little more cooperative this time and we got a few good shots of her face. It was a cool experience and I definitely recommend it to parents-to-be if you'd like to get another peek at your little one after your 20 week anatomy scan (which is typically the last u/s in your pregnancy).

I always think 3D u/s photos look kind of...like the baby is made of clay...but you can really make out her sweet little button nose in this photo. She also appears to have my husband's lips and adorable chubby cheeks.  We can't wait to meet her. I've heard from quite a few people who did 3D u/s that their newborns did actually look a lot like the way they did on the u/s, so we shall see!

After the u/s, it was time to run some errands. It was gloomy and rainy outside today (and humid!) so what better way to spend time than checking things off of my to-do list?

We made a trip to Michael's Arts & Crafts so I could pick up some items for some DIY projects I'm going to be working on for the nursery.

The first is this polka-dot piece I found on Pinterest:


Super clean, simple and pretty. I'll be sure to post about it once I've completed the piece.

The second piece is something I'm going to have my friends participate in at my baby shower that is being hosted by one of my best friends, Candice.  

I don't like baby shower games, so this will be a nice project that guests can be involved in and it will be in her room and have a special meaning.


Instead of pink balloons, I'm doing mint green, turquoise and a bright teal.  I love pink, but I though the minty colors were a little more unexpected and still very feminine. I'm not sure I'll do the baby hanging from the balloons like in this illustration---I'm just going to have each guest write a little message for her on one of the balloons (if they want to) and then I'm going to use actual string instead of drawing the picture (I like texture!) I can't wait to see how it turns out.

I also ordered some prints for the nursery from some of my favorite gals including MadeByGirl and ISeeNoise, so it will be a nice mix of purchased and DIY wall art.

Speaking of cute baby items...I ordered these sweet little bunny slippers online this week from Cassie's Closet.  I plan to use them on her little bookshelf until she can wear them but they were too sweet to pass up:


...and though I'm not into nursery themes, I'm using bunnies and lambs here and there, so there's a little hint at what's to come! 

After we went to Michael's we headed to Empire Cafe, one of my favorite lunch (and brunch!) spots, followed by a quick trip to Marshall's Home Goods. I always find a thing or two there for the baby and the prices are unreal.


This little eyelet dress was just $7.99 and came with matching bloomers.


...and this little set was $12.99 and came with that sweet little hat---which made me realize it's the only hat we have for the baby so far...

The day wrapped up with a quick trip to Sugarbaby's Cupcake Boutique where I got a few strawberry cupcakes (my favorite!) I already had one and they are absolutely delicious.


Before I go, here's a quick snapshot of the outfit I wore to work on Friday:


I haven't worn that bubble necklace in a long time so it was a fun way to perk up the outfit. The tank is Lululemon (cool racerback, they are beyond perfect for pregnancy) and the cardigan is Banana Republic.

Wishing you all a wonderful weekend!

0 comments:

Post a Comment