29 Weeks!

I know I say this every week, but I can't believe how fast time is going.  There are just a little less than two and a half months left before our little girl is due.  

So much is coming up in the next month--- baby showers, completing the nursery, classes at the hospital, finishing some of the books I'm reading...and so much more.  Sometimes I feel like I have all the time in the world and other times I feel a slight sense of panic that I haven't done enough yet (I'm sure most of you mommas can relate!)

I've always heard that your third trimester drags on and I'll probably feel that way when I'm 36 or 37 weeks along, but right now my job is keeping me really busy and it makes the weeks fly by.  

How far along? 29 weeks (I do these a week behind as a recap of the previous week, so I'm actually 30 weeks today).  Just 10 more weeks to go!

Total weight gain/loss: 12 lbs and probably more by now---I will find out at my 32 week appointment.


Maternity clothes? Still wearing maternity pants and regular tops and blouses. I also started to wear some of my dresses that still fit to work this week since it's gotten a lot warmer.  My stomach seems to be growing so rapidly now that it may not be long before the maternity clothes I have hanging in my closet will start to make an appearance in my outfit photos!  

Stretch marks? Not yet, I'm continuing to use Belli's Elasticity Belly OilMamma Mio Tummy Rub and Mustela double-action stretch mark cream in rotation. 

Symptoms: I'm continuing to experience the same symptoms as last week---the rib pain on my left side (which has now spread to the top of my bump on that side) and the hip/thigh pain when I sleep. It's never constant though, which I'm ever-so-thankful for.


I'm still going to bed fairly early to make sure I'm getting enough sleep since I'm getting up a couple of times a night to pee and just waking through the night in general. Though I've been getting a good amount of sleep, I do find myself crankier than usual sometimes, it just depends on the day.

Sleep: I'm sleeping okay.  I'm waking up a lot more now throughout the night, but overall I try to make sleep a priority so I'm getting at least 8 hours (of somewhat interrupted sleep) most nights.

Best moment this week: Getting all of the "big stuff" done in the nursery. I love going into her room and just sitting there for awhile, thinking about when she's here.


Have you told family and friends: Yes!

Miss Anything? Still just sleeping on my stomach and not having to hoist my body over a Snoogle every morning...


Movement: Still feeling lots of movement---I noticed this week that the movements are changing a bit---instead of always feeling little kicks, I started to feel larger movements that feel more like the baby is pushing its body up against me. Some days she is super active and other days I feel her more on and off.  She is really active at night, especially if I am lounging on the couch or sitting up in bed. I also feel her hiccup sometimes now! I love it.


Food cravings: 
I haven't had any 3 a.m. "gotta have this right now" type cravings yet. Having said that, I've been loving Reeces peanut butter cups and cheeseburgers. I've also been thinking a lot about lattes lately but I'm probably just going to wait until after the baby is here to resume caffeine since I've gone so long without it at this point. I've also been kind of obsessed with Subway. I usually get a 6 inch chicken sub on honey oat bread and load it with veggies and a little honey mustard sauce. I do sometimes get turkey, but I have them heat it in the microwave for me, just in case. I would say Subway has been a major lunchtime craving for the past two weeks.

Anything making you queasy or sick: Plain chicken---I got over this for awhile but it seems to be back---I can't eat plain grilled chicken. I can eat chicken salad, stuffed chicken, breaded chicken, etc. But plain chicken for some reason is just gross to me right now. Weird.



Have you started to show yet: I get asked pretty often "how far along are you?" "when are you due?" and "are you pregnant?" so I think it's safe to say I'm definitely showing and growing by the day!

(these were all taken at 29-29.5 weeks)

Baby is a: Girl!

Belly Button in or out? It's just plain weird looking now, ha.  It kind of looks like a deformed cinnamon bun. Yep, that is the best way I can describe it.


Wedding rings on or off? On


Happy or Moody most of the time: Mostly happy--with a side of moody sometimes.


Looking forward to: Our 4D ultrasound this weekend (they couldn't get good shots at our last one so they asked us to come back). I'm also really excited for my friend to come visit from Canada in April!

Thank you for reading and for all of my pregnant readers, please feel free to check in below as well and let me know how your pregnancy is going :) I also welcome everyone's advice and comments about pregnancy!

0 comments:

Post a Comment