Minty Monday & What I've Been Doing to Keep Fit!

No Motivation Mondays today---but maybe this will motivate you---I'm so sore, I can hardly walk!  Now that I'm back into regular workouts, I've come to really embrace my Sunday afternoons. I have a whole routine--- go to the gym, reward myself with a little scouting trip to Marshalls Home Goods and then go grocery shopping (and I'm cooking more too, which is huge for me!)

I've been feeling great since resuming my workouts. What's even better is that I'm finally seeing the "fruits of my labor," so to say, when I reflect back upon all of the time I spent with a personal trainer and doing boot camp. It was all worth it, because, now, I'm able to actually complete a challenging workout without direction. I know how to push myself and I know a good amount of exercises that I can do to where they feel natural for me.

Here's what I've been doing:
  • The Tone it Up Beach Babe DVD at home---love this for Saturday mornings! I also do workouts from their YouTube channel when I'm at the gym or at home (I just pull up the videos on my iPhone when I'm at the gym and just do the workout---so convenient!)

  • BodyRock.tv workouts--- I love Body Rock because their entire tagline is "The Home Workout Movement."  You don't need a gym to be fit---in fact, these workouts are so incredibly challenging---you will break a sweat and your muscles will burn like crazy. BodyRock proves that there are NO excuses---everyone has 12-15 minutes a day to work hard. I found this particular video of a mom of a 10 month old baby inspiring.

  • Bar Method--- I am still doing a Bar Method class once a week with my instructor until the studio opens this fall. Once the studio opens my goal is to go at least 3 times a week.

  • Gym workouts--- when I go to the gym, I don't use any machines. I do all of my workouts using my own body weight, free weights, bands, balls etc... this is what I am used to with personal training and I prefer working out this way because I push myself more. For cardio, I run up and down stairs, do burpees with jumps, soccer ball drills, jump rope, etc. I mix intense, short bursts of cardio in with my weight and resistance training.

  • I'd like to start taking spin class at my gym but haven't gotten around to it yet!

So, that's a little update from me---I'm already seeing results after just a few weeks. Thank goodness muscles have memory! It seems like everything just tones right back up---and I sure am building back that muscle with how sore I am!

Okay, now to Monday's outfit. I decided to take my new off-white J.Crew No. 2 Pencil Skirt out of my closet for a pastel look.




minty nails to match- "mint candy apple' by Essie


Blazer- Zara (on sale right now! buy it here!)
Tank- Banana Republic (similar)
Skirt- J.Crew (buy it here)
Shoes- Nine West "Martina" (
buy them here)
(they are the most comfortable heels ever!)
Necklace- Banana Republic (similar; similar)

In honor of Motivation Mondays---tell me what you're up to, fitness-wise, this summer! Thank you for reading!

0 comments:

Post a Comment