The Right Formula

I love wearing loose tops.  They're comfortable and breezy for summer.  One of my favorite ways to wear a loose top to the office is to tuck it into a pencil skirt.  In fact, I think pretty much any top looks amazing tucked into a pencil skirt and it's one of my best "dressing for the workplace" tips. 

It's like a mathematical formula: pencil skirt+tucked in blouse= perfect work outfit.  I like to keep it fun by adding long necklaces, belting my skirts, wearing a blazer on top and wearing bright colors and prints.  It's about taking that formula and expanding on it. See, math can be fun.

Today's outfit features the second J.Crew No. 2 double serge cotton pencil skirt I got on sale for $34.99.  As you can see, these do wrinkle more than the double serge wool, but they are perfect and lightweight for summer and they're a nice alternative to a neutral pencil skirt. Adding a pop of color is usually done with tops, but lately I've been enjoying colored bottoms even more.







Top- Express; Skirt- J.Crew; Shoes- Ivanka Trump; Bag- Kate Spade; Belt- J.Crew

Do you tend to wear more colored tops or bottoms?



0 comments:

Post a Comment