Hung Up (on the walls)

In our last house, we didn't hang a lot on our walls because we knew we wouldn't really be there for a long time.  In this house, I want to hang more art, mirrors and everything in between to truly make it feel like a home (because, hey, walls get lonely).

Though I'd still like to add even more artwork and mirrors, I think we're off to a pretty good start.  I also have to give major thanks to my father-in-law because he did all of the work (and math) to hang all of this stuff!

First off is a mirror I got at Marshalls Home Goods for $34.99 (score!)  I may eventually paint it a glossy white, gold or a bright color...but for now I sort of like its distressed look.  I chose to hang it above our Crate & Barrel cabinet because that wall is so narrow and I thought it could use something to make it more of a focal point.







Next up, I got a super tall mirror (again, from Marshalls Home Goods, $79.99) for our stairway that goes up to the second floor of our home.  It's hard to get a good shot of it, but I absolutely love it in person!





After taking these next photos, I realized that I've never shown our newly painted bathroom before on the blog. The color is called "Sienne" by Valspar. It's a very dark gray with brownish undertones. I chose to hang my ISeeNoise prints in our master bath since they seemed fitting for that room (hello pretty perfume bottles!) 







 
Finally, I hung the two dress prints I got at Marshalls Home Goods for $16.99 each in my master closet:


 
Next on our home to-do list:
  • Refinish dresser
  • New, larger nightstands
  • New dining room table and chairs (I think we are getting these ones
  • New coffee table (ours is on the fritz)
  • Chandelier for master bathroom (because they are awesome)
  • Side table for living room
  • More mirrors and wall art

Do you have a lot of artwork or other wall art in your home?  I can't wait to hang even more (I'd like to make some of my own paintings and also hang my LOVE prints that I framed).





0 comments:

Post a Comment