New for the Night

I felt like a pretty lucky gal when I was invited by Houston-based boutique New for the Night to be part of their launch party.

Dresses+champagne+good company= a recipe for success.  Dreamed up and brought to fruition by Houston's Brittany Sakowitz,
New for the Night offers designer dresses for rent for any occasion.  Forget dropping hundreds of dollars for a dress you'll wear just a few times (or once!) and say hello to gorgeous designer frocks for a fraction of the price.

The best part---New for the Night has a showroom (located in the Kirby/Westheimer area, near West Ave.) so you can check out the latest dresses and try them on before committing.

Another fab idea? Having your bridesmaids rent their dresses---they'll have a gorgeous designer dress to wear that won't end up stashed at the back of their closet, never to see the light of day again (and you'll also be the awesome bride that saved them money and gave them the chance to wear a more stylish frock compared to typical bridesmaid attire).


I visited the New for the Night boutique on Monday to pick out my dress and I selected a fun, bright yellow dress by Rebecca Taylor with a sweetheart neckline and pockets on the front. The color was completely out of my comfort zone and a total departure for me but the silhouette was familiar, which made the dress comfortable to wear.

You can check out photos from the launch party on CultureMap, one of the event's sponsors (Houston magazine also sponsored the event). 

(thank you to Annina from Cinched at the Waist for this photo)


I also took my own photos of the festive frock--- these were taken at 10:30 at night, so keep in mind the lighting wasn't ideal, the dress was a bit wrinkled... and, well, let's not even talk about my makeup by the end of the night. But the dress was just too pretty for me not to take photos when I got home.






Dress- Rebecca Taylor, borrowed from New for the Night
Shoes- Nine West
Necklace- Banana Republic
Bracelet- J. Crew


Have you ever rented a designer dress for s special occasion? Would you? Leave me a comment and let me know!


0 comments:

Post a Comment