Closet Tour!

I’ve done a post about my closet before (both in our old house and our new house) but I thought I’d film a video this time too.

For those that don’t have time to watch my video tour, I’ve included photos of my closet in this post.

Let’s take a look at what my closet looked like when we first got the house:

IMG_0894
This is actually from when our house was still a model home, but you get the idea, the walls were just a plain (blah) builder paint.

Then, when I had my things in it, it looked something like this:

IMG_1053To be fair, this is when we first moved in so it was really terribly messy, but you get the idea…

I had the painters paint my closet the same color as our bedroom. It’s Martha Stewart’s “Flagstone.” I took some photos while it was still empty so you could see the color.
closet1
closet2

closet3This is what our bathroom looked like when the house was being painted. That bathtub sure came in handy. 

Here’s the after:

closet5closet6closet7closet8closet9closet10closet11

 

If you’d like to see my video tour, please click “play” on the video below:

 

Before I go, here are my top closet organization tips:

  • Group things together: this means that all long sleeve shirts, sleeveless shirts and short sleeve tops should be grouped together so it’s easier to find what you’re looking for.
  • Organize each “category” of clothes from light to dark so that it’s easy to see which color groups you have.
  • Assess your closet at least every other month---are there things you never wear/don’t fit anymore/are very worn out? Donate, sell or toss clothes as needed.  Remember to think of your closet as valuable real estate---every item that is taking up space and is never used is a waste of your valuable space.
  • Fold vs. Hang- I fold my jeans and shorts and hang my dress pants.  Fold what makes sense to save room for items that need to be hung.
  • Use the same hangers for everything---I use all white hangers (except for pant and skirt hangers) because they look crisp and clean and when everything matches your closet looks more boutique-like. 
  • Use your wall and door space---I have an over the door hanger that holds my belts and some necklaces and tote bags. You can also hang hooks from your wall to hang handbags and other items.
  • Embrace the seasons--- I will usually re-order my closet for fall/winter and spring/summer.  This means that in the spring and summer, heavier sweaters and jackets go to the bottom bar towards the back of my closet since I won’t use them during this time. Another option is to move items that are seasonal into a storage closet in another room of your house.

    Hope everyone had a great weekend!

    xoxo,

    Veronika.

0 comments:

Post a Comment