Tucker for Target & Other Weekend Shopping (Pottery Barn, Lulu Lemon, Z Gallerie)


Before I begin this post, I want to say a sincere thank you, from the bottom of my heart to everyone who sent their condolences in my last post. I really appreciate it.  I just know that when people pass, you always have to remember they are going to a better place. So thank you everyone who took the time to leave a kind comment, it really means a lot to me.

Yesterday I started my Pilates classes again. I am very sore today, but I must admit it felt great to start working out again.  After class, I met up with Candice and we did our Saturday tradition of going to Starbucks and doing a little shopping.  We headed to Highland Village first because we both had home decor on the mind.

I ended up finally using a gift card we got for our wedding from Pottery Barn. I got this beautiful blanket for our sofa.  Kevin says our dog needs his "own blankie" so I got the new one for myself. I really love the texture of it and it's also very soft! It retails for $79.50. Oh and by the way, our dog is sleeping on the NEW blankie as I type this post. Hmmphhh!

I also picked up this new table runner from Z Gallerie ($34.50).  We had the same one for several years and I just felt it was time for a change. I wanted to go with the purple theme we've got in the house right now. I just love the damask print.

Because I've started my fitness routine back up again, I wanted to pick up some leggings from Lulu Lemon.  I got the Special Edition Wunder Under Pintuck leggings I was previously wearing cheap leggings from A'Gaci but they are sort of see-through if you bend over so uh...not great for working out. PS- Size up in these ones.




So that was yesterday's shopping.  It was nice to get a few things for the house. I always love to add an item or two to keep things fresh.

Today (Sunday) Kevin and I went to Target so I could check out the Tucker collection. It was already picked over for some of the items, but they had a lot in stock of most of the things available for purchase.  For reference to my fellow Houstonians, I went to the Target off of Sawyer.

First, I'll show you the items I DID purchase:

I got this green and pink dress. They didn't have a size medium, so I just got the large because I would belt it anyway. The length is perfect for a work dress...and, it's NOT BLACK! Let's celebrate!!!!!!!


Next up is this pretty top with sleeves that my husband described as "pirate sleeves" ARRRRR!  All I need is an eye patch and I'm good to go!



I really love that blouse. It adds a nice pop of color to my fall wardrobe.  The skirt I tried on with it is by Merona, and it was a size 6 and too big on me (I wish they had a 4 or 2 because it is such a great skirt! It has a houndstooth print on it, really cute!)  BTW the Tucker blouse is an XS. I didn't want it to be too billowy so I sized down and love the fit of it.

I also got this pretty tank on sale for $16.99 and a white ruffle Henley for $14.99:



Some of the items I passed on today were:

This Tucker dress, same print as the blouse. I actually loved this dress but it was a bit short so I thought I'd just get the blouse because I love the print. I suppose I could wear it with tights, but it's still SO hot here.
I think this dress was Merona- it had a lace top. It was so short.  Also, the zipper got stuck when I tried it on so I had to have the fitting room attendant mess with the zipper until I could get it off of me. If you're tiny and short, this dress could be fantastic!


This cream colored blouse is the same as the one I got, shape wise, but I just didn't love the color and print on me.  It just kind of bored me.

I didn't mention this in my fashion-show post, but I picked up Stila's new Custom Color Blush and I absolutely love it. It's one of those blushes marketed as adjusting its tone based on your skin's PH levels.  It's a pretty hot pink but it's sheer so it doesn't give you clown cheeks. It's supposed to work on any skin tone.



Finally, while grocery shopping today I saw that L'Oreal's lash serum was on sale (at Kroger) so I finally got some. I don't think it grows lashes but it keeps them soft and moisturized.  I also got a REVLON navy blue eyeliner. I'm not sure why, but for some reason I felt compelled to have navy liner. I know Rachel Bilson loves to wear navy liner so we'll see how it works for me:

I also picked up the new issue of Women's Health which I plan to start subscribing to.  I LOVE Carrie Underwood. Her body looks amazing in these pics!
OK, LOOK at those LEGS!!!


Did you do any shopping this weekend? Have you checked out the Tucker collection at Target?  What's on your wish list? Let me know in the comments below!

xoxo,

Veronika.

0 comments:

Post a Comment