Photography Class & I Finally Learned How to Use my Timer and Tripod

Today I attended a beginners photography class held by the lovely Mariae from Pink Posh Photography.  She's a wedding photographer based in Austin and is incredibly talented. You can see more of her work here.

She hosted this class to help support a charitable cause- a soup kitchen in Vietnam.  Everyone made a donation to take the class and I think it's a wonderful thing when someone offers their time and talent for a great cause like that.

I was one of the only people there sans Nikkon or Canon DSLR, but I was just there to learn and to meet one of my favorite photographers.  I am definitely going to invest in a better camera this year before Christmas.  I can't wait!

Eventually, my plan is to set up my camera on a tripod and use a remote to take my outfit photos.  I want the images to be clearer and crisper (uh, so not like they are right now.)

Someone at the class taught me how to use my timer today (because I never even really realized my camera had one...) so I've decided to try and use my tripod from now on to take outfit photos.  I did a few test shots today wearing sweatpants:

Do you love my outfit!? LOL. I should have probably just stayed in what I wore today but I changed as soon as I got home. I have to give a big shout-out to my friend Ed who sent me this awesome tripod for my birthday!
Thanks Ed!

Here's what I actually wore:



This tunic is from Zara. I love it! So light and comfy.
I know that the photos on my blog suck and are of poor quality...I have to shoot in manual mode to get mirror shots and that's hard to do when you hold the camera because one slight move will cause the shot to blur.  The tripod takes away that problem, thank goodness.
 
I'm always working to make my blog better, easier, more enjoyable to read etc.  I think the tripod is a good start and then of course a better camera...I've been told my new template is almost ready too.

Thanks for reading!  I hope you enjoyed your weekend!
xoxo,

Veronika.

PS- Tuesday the 21st is my one year blogging anniversary!!!! Has it really been a year? I can't believe it! Thank you to everyone who's been reading from the start and everyone new too. You ladies keep me motivated and your comments make me glad to have blogging friends like you!

0 comments:

Post a Comment