Requested: Lash Routine & OOTD: Black, White & Gold. Plus: I Quit the Gym

I've been getting a lot of requests to post about my lash routine so I am going to do it in this post! Thank-you to everyone who requested this post.

Here are a few images of my finished lash look:


I like really thick, soft, feathery looking lashes.  I notice a lot of women have sort of a clumped-together look and I'm not sure if it depends on technique or how your lashes are naturally, but this is never a good look:

OK, so maybe that picture is a bit dramatic, but you know what I mean! To achieve full and long lashes without the spidery look, here's what I do:

1.  Make sure your lashes are completely dry before you apply any eye makeup

2.  I apply my MAC studio fix powder over my eyelids before putting any eye makeup on. I am not sure if that makes a difference or not with my lashes, but I wanted to add that step in because I just swipe a tiny bit of powder over my lids along with the rest of my face so it's all even.

3.  Buy a Shu Uemura eyelash curler- it's the best I've used.  You want to heat your eyelash curler for a few seconds with a hairdryer. I always wrap my hand around it after I blast it with hot air to make sure it's not too hot to apply to the delicate eye skin. You want it hot enough to make the lashes hold curl but no so hot that it burns your skin (obviously). I can usually tell that it's the right temperature when it feels really warm in my hand (not hot).  TIP: if you do heat it and it's too hot, keep your hand around it for a few extra seconds to transfer some of the heat.

 
4.  Curl lashes from the base using the lash curler. Go over the lashes again (but be gentle) if they aren't curled enough. I truly believe the curl is the key to achieving pretty lashes.  You can press firmly with the lash curler- just make sure you don't pinch the skin around your eye.  Be careful! Practice makes perfect.

5.  Apply your eyeliner and/or eyeshadow if applicable.

6.  Apply mascara to top and bottom lashes. I like to start with my top lashes and use the mascara brush from the base of the lashes working upwards. I typically just do one swipe, sometimes two. I don't re-dip it for the second coat though, I just use whatever is already on the brush.

7.  I ONLY use waterproof mascara for many reasons:  it stays put in the Texas heat, I like the way the formula feels better and it dries faster.  I use eye makeup remover (the Up& Up) brand from Target to remove my eye makeup and it works perfectly.  I refuse to use regular mascara. Many non-waterproof formulas are too "wet" and ruin the curl in your lashes. They also rub off and don't last as long, I just really don't see the point of using them if you need your makeup to last all day.

My favorite mascaras are (in no particular order):

1.  DiorShow
2. L'Oreal Volume Collagen
3. CoverGirl Lash Blast


These formulas have never let me down. I also like to use DiorShow Iconic on my lower lashes only. L'Oreal Voluminous deserves honorable mention too, but ever since the Volume Collage came out, I reach for that way more.

I hope this helps!  Like I said, everyone's lashes are different, but this is what works for me.

Here's what I wore today (sorry if I look tired, these were taken after work!)



Top- Target
Skirt- Target
Belt- J. Crew
Shoes- Michael Kors
Cardigan- White House, Black Market


Speaking of my MK heels- they died on me today. The zipper thing ripped off from the side and now I can't wear them. I have to take them to the shoe doctor. I always wore these heels to events where I had to stand a lot because they are so comfortable, so I know I got great use out of them.

*sadface*

Have you ever had to have shoes repaired? I wonder how much it costs?

xoxo,

Veronika.

PS- I am off to Pilates again tonight!  Oh and I quit the gym today!  I finally decided to officially end my membership after having it on freeze for the past 6 months. I much prefer taking classes and working with a trainer. That's just what works for me.

My experience reminded me of when Chandler and Ross tried to quit the gym on "Friends."  The lady kept trying to give me free personal training sessions if I kept my membership.  I told her I knew she "had to do this as part of her job" and I was very nice about it of course, but I made it pretty clear I wasn't going to be convinced and my mind was made up!  She just kept going on and on about personal training and I told her I had a trainer at another gym (which is true).  I think she gave up after that. 

I always try to be overly nice when I'm on the phone with customer service because I know it's not their fault I'm not satisfied with the product or experience.  Plus, they've probably talked to a few angry people that day already and I don't want to be one of the ones that they tell their husband or wife about when they get home from work

Just thought I'd share this little tidbit- BE STRONG if you want to quit the gym! Quitting doesn't mean giving up on your fitness, it means getting fit in a way that works for you- and for some people, that isn't the gym.

0 comments:

Post a Comment