Fall Beauty Picks from H-E-B

Every time I grocery shop with my husband, towards the end of the shopping trip I will sneak away to cruise the beauty aisles. I don't always have a purchase in mind, I just like to check out what's new and what looks exciting.  I've found some pretty great makeup, hair and skincare products "at random," but it can definitely be a hit or miss. Unlike designer and department store makeup though, it's a little less of a gamble to test out new products that you can buy at the grocery store as the price points are more affordable (and you can buy all your food for the week at the same time- win!)

Here are some of the beauty products from H-E-B I've tested out lately:
| Essie's "after school boy blazer" nail polish | 
I couldn't ask for a more perfect fall nail polish! It's a gorgeous deep navy blue (my obsession!) and all you need is two coats for full and beautiful coverage. Essie polishes are my absolute favorite because the color variety is so incredible throughout their entire collection. My other tried-and-true Essie fall/winter polish is "wicked." You must add that one to your collection if you don't have it already...and while you're at it, pick up "after school boy blazer" too. You won't regret it!
| L'Oreal Voluminous Original Mascara |
(I prefer the waterproof version, as with all mascaras)- when I first started my blog, L'Oreal Voluminous was one of my absolute favorite mascaras. It was definitely in my top five mascaras ever and it remains on the top five list all these years later. It gives great volume and thickness to your lashes which I prefer over super-lengthening formulas. I always curl my lashes first and then apply 2 coats.  Your lashes will look lush and be totally clump-free. 
| Physicians Formula Multi-Color Blush |
I've always been curious about the Physician's Formula brand so I tested out their multi-color blush. It blends several different shades of pink to form a rose color when swished together. It kind of gives you that look on your cheeks that you get on a cold winter day or from being flushed from a workout. It's a good choice if you like a really natural flush as opposed to more of a bright/lilac toned pink. The packaging describes you'll get a "rosy glow" and I would say it delivers on that promise.
| H-E-B eye shadow brush |
Over the years I've become obsessed with makeup brushes. I'm a true believer that they make a huge difference in the way your makeup looks. I was surprised to see that H-E-B had their own makeup brush line. I don't wear eyeshadow (except for evenings) but I always use brushes intended for eyeshadow to blend out my under-eye brightener or to conceal larger areas like the corners of my mouth and around my nose. I know it sounds weird to use an eye shadow brush to do this, but it blends it all so perfectly and lets you cover a little bit of a larger area than a typical concealer brush. Give it a try if you haven't already. You would be surprised how many of your brushes can multitask.
| Cover Girl LipPerfection Jumbo Gloss Balm | 
I'll admit it. This lip color freaked me out when I first saw it. I never thought I could wear a deep plum color. But apperances can be quite deceiving...and CoverGirls' new jumbo gloss balm is more light a light stain with a balmy finish. The color does not go on dark AT ALL (but it's buildable if you do want a more intense look).  In the picture on the top right you can see what a light application looks like and also how it builds. I actually really loved this balm. I don't love sticking my finger into a lip balm container so the pencil packaging appealed to me.
| NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil |
If you follow any beauty blogs or YouTube beauty channels, you know about NYX's Jumbo Eye Pencil.I had never tried out the cult favorite. I don't know why because as expected, it's pretty great- and really versatile too. Super creamy and pigmented, it can create a nice opaque line, or it can be blended out like in the second photo for a smudged-out look.  I also like to use a slanted eyeliner brush to apply it to my bottom lash line. I dab the liner brush on the sides of the pencil and apply on my lower lash line. Then I smudge it out a bit using the same brush. It's a super simple way to create subtle and soft definition. 
| L'Oreal Eye Shadow Palette |
I always use eye shadow in unconventional ways since I don't use it on my lids. I use a grayish brown eyeshadow to line my lower lash line most days---but one of my favorite beauty tricks is using a shimmering pink or champagne shadow just in the inner corners of my eyes. It makes you look awake and really makes your eyes pop. I always tend to go for a more pink-toned highlighter because I think it's a little softer than white or champagne and it has a beautiful warmth to it. Plus, just like my under-eye brightening product which is also pink-toned, I think pink helps counteract a lot of blue and purple tones in the skin which brightens dark areas and makes them look illuminated from within. The one gripe I have with this particular eyeshadow set is that the packaging is a little flimsy, which surprises me because L'Oreal tends to make some of the highest quality beauty products.

What beauty products have you tried out recently? Do you sneak away at the grocery store to hit the beauty aisles like I do?  Share in the comments below!


Products were provided by HEB for consideration. All opinions are my own.

0 comments:

Post a Comment