Our Saturday...

This Saturday, I was especially thankful for antibiotics. I left work on Wednesday afternoon feeling so terrible I don't know how I even made it through the morning. I don't get sick very often and I haven't taken a sick day in over a year. I hate missing work, but I also wouldn't want other to be exposed to what I have and in order to get better, I really needed to rest.

First it was a stomach virus that also made me feel like I was also hit by a bus (hot flashes, soreness, clammy hands, it was awful) and that was all followed by a sinus infection that kicked in Friday night, just as I was starting to feel like I was making progress in the stomach virus department. My GP doctor, who I haven't seen in 2 years since I wasn't sick before or during pregnancy, squeezed me in on Friday right before his office closed (so grateful) and I was able to get on amoxicillin.  

I was prepared to come to terms with the fact that our weekend would be ruined since I was so useless. I was needing to rest a lot and I felt really awful and was in a lot of pain from the sinus pressure and continued to have stomach cramps. However, when I woke up this morning, it was like I was a new person. The terrible migraine from my sinus pressure was gone and my stomach no longer felt like it was being jabbed by sharp objects. Phew!  I was feeling so guilty because my husband was doing 80% of Harper duty plus everything else around the house because I was so miserable and I felt bad that I didn't get to interact with her a lot because I was feeling so crummy. So to wake up and feel almost back to normal again was a true blessing.

In my ongoing quest to save time, I order nearly everything we buy online.  Sometimes though that means that sizes are wrong or the item doesn't look as cute as it did online when it arrives. We headed to the Osh Kosh store to return some leggings I ordered that were way too small. Harper is five months old tomorrow and I ordered the nine month size leggings and she would have grown out of them in a week (and had I washed and dried them first, as I always do before she wears anything, they may not have fit at all). So size up on the brand's leggings!

We ended up picking up some additional items from Osh Kosh because the entire store was 40% off and an additional 20% off of clearance.
All items are from Osh Kosh except for the sleeper on the bottom left which is from Carter's
My husband picked out the adorable navy blue onesie with red hearts. Can you tell I love navy blue?!

Next we went to Nordstrom and embarrassingly, after 6 years of living in Houston, I had no idea that Nordstrom had a third floor which has a---you guess it---baby section. I was cruising Harper around in her stroller in the baby section and when I held up a little purple sweater dress from Nordstrom's own baby collection, she smiled and it was adorable so that was enough for me! I also got a cute little "xoxo" tee by the line "peek" a touch and feel soft baby book (a total must-have!) as well as a Sophie the giraffe teether (which clearly, she loves).
Finally, Banana Republic is having a 40% off sale through tomorrow so I picked up this pretty cobalt skirt with a bow and slit at the front and a pair of my fave Sloan Fit slim ankle pants in a dark green color (they look darker IRL).

I've been wearing flats a lot more lately because daycare drop off is a lot easier in flats and I thought this skirt looked cute with flats whereas I feel like I have to wear heels with my J.Crew pencil skirts, though maybe that's more out of habit than anything. I still love heels but sometimes they are a pain and I always worry I'm going to trip or something when I carry the baby. Plus, we have to remove our shoes before entering her class, so heels are more annoying to manage.
Today Harper wore her Baby Gap mint green stretchy pants today and the striped top she's worn about 100 times. I just love it so much I'm getting as much wear out of it as we can before she outgrows it. She's already wearing 6-12 and 9 month sizes. It's unreal!
Harper's hair bow from Pretty Little Elm

Hope you're having a great weekend and thank you again for all of the well wishes!

0 comments:

Post a Comment