Our Saturday...

Saturdays have been awesome lately.  Harper is sleeping through the night most nights and if she does wake up, usually putting her paci back in is all she needs to go right back to sleep (sometimes, she even grabs it and puts it back in herself!) On Saturdays she has her morning bottle and then we all sleep for another two and a half to three hours and it's GLORIOUS. Those few extra hours of sleep are such a Godsend, especially because I still wake up for my usual 5:30 a.m. pumping session even on weekends (because if I don't, I get plugged ducts, which are no beuno).  Plus, after going through the 4 month sleep regression for the past several weeks, the extra rest is truly a blessing.

Today we went on the hunt for a Halloween costume for Harps. I love the ones from Pottery Barn Kids but at $60 a pop and them being basically snowsuit level warmth in all their fuzzy glory, we weren't convinced they were the best option for this climate, even though we are just having her wear a costume for fun.  

We ended up finding this cute Minnie Mouse costume at Babies R Us and we also have a pumpkin tutu costume that my MIL bought for her.  I can't wait to see how cute she looks in them!

We also picked up a Halloween onesie and bib. Everything was 40% off, so we figured for her first Halloween, why not? 

Next, we went out for lunch at PF Changs (yum!) and because it was absolutely beautiful outside today I decided to wear Harper in my Ergo carrier and we walked all around Highland Village to enjoy the fresh air.  
Vest- J.Crew | Cords- GAP | Flats- GAP | Tee- J.Crew

Speaking of the Ergo, I absolutely LOVE it. It's so comfortable and it distributes your baby's weight so perfectly and more into your hips so your back and shoulders don't hurt at all like with most carriers. Plus, I like that it's better for baby's hips than the ones that let their legs hang loose. Thanks to everyone that recommended it to me!

I had seen Marissa post a photo of an adorable "Happy Halloween" banner from Pottery Barn Kids on Instagram earlier in the day and I knew we would be by a PBK so I went in and picked one up to our Halloween decor (it was the last one in the store, the floor model actually). At $22 I thought it was a steal considering I would have to spend way more to actually make it myself. I LOVE making my own decor, but sometimes you end up spending more than just buying it ready-made so I try to DIY projects that save me cash. You can see a better photo of the banner on Marissa's blog, The Simple Sawn. It has big black glitter letters with beads in between.
We were also lured into Williams Sonoma today because the store smelled like fall as you walked by it. It smelled like a combination of amazing cappucinos and pumkin spice everywhere. The had a bunch of local vendors selling baked goods, coffee, etc. and we discovered a local baker from Beaumont who makes the best pumpkin bread I've ever had (ever). It's moist and delicious and has the perfect amount of spice to it...mmmmmmm...nom nom nom. Her business is The Mixing Bowl and her info is below!
When we came back home later that afternoon, there was a box on my doorstep with these lovelies (minus the Kiehl's self tanner which I picked up in the Highland Village flagship store):
Blouse, Shoes, Tights- J.Crew Factory |  Kiehl's Self Tanner (it's amazing, especially for your face!)

Also in our mailbox---these adorable knit leggings for Harper! (H&M)
Tomorrow we are going to relax and head out to a pumpkin patch somewhere local.  I hope the weather stays this amazing!

Hope you're enjoying your weekend!

0 comments:

Post a Comment