What's in My Diaper Bag: 0-3 Months

I thought it would be fun to share what's in my diaper bag for Harper for the first few months. I think what's in your diaper bag will evolve a bit as your baby grows, so this will be from 0-3 months.


My diaper bag is the Marc by Marc Jacobs Pretty Nylon Eliza diaper bag. I absolutely love it and I'm thrilled that it can be used later as a gym bag or travel bag because it's so simple in its design.
I keep my Kate Spade cross body/clutch bag inside of my diaper bag that contains my wallet and car keys plus some lip gloss. That way, when I go somewhere and don't need my diaper bag, I can just grab it out of the diaper bag and go versus having to transfer those things into a bag just to leave the house. 
I purchased this diaper changing pad from the store ModMomME on etsy.com.  I love how large it is and that you can pick from so many fabrics. I thought this one was kind of fun and whimsical without being too baby-ish.
I keep a change of clothes---a Baby GAP sleeper and a Juicy Couture onesie that I received as a gift at my baby shower as well as an extra Aiden & Anais bib (they are my fave!) Harper tends to have a lot of leaking diaper episodes, so these are essential. I also keep an Aiden & Anais swaddling blanket in my bag but I forgot to include it!
I keep this Kate Spade zip pouch in my diaper bag to contain Mustela Facial Wipes, Munchkin Paci Wipes, Wabbanub (which she doesn't actually use so I need to change out the soothie paci on it with one of her MAM ones) and a foaming hand sanitizer by BabyGanics. The pouch helps to contain everything and separate smaller items from the rest of the items in the bag.
I keep these soft cloths in one of the diaper bag's side pockets so that if she spits up suddenly or I need them for any other reason, I have them.
I keep a clean and empty bottle and some bottles of Similac Advance formula in her diaper bag "just in case." I always bring expressed breast milk in a bottle with us wherever we go as well and have the formula as backup.
I keep a couple of granola bars in my diaper bag in case I get hungry. It's important for moms who nurse and/or pump to get adequate calories.
I keep about five Hefty brand zip bags rolled up in the front pocket of my diaper bag to contain dirty diapers or clothing.  Many places ask you not to throw away poopy diapers in their bathrooms (which is completely understandable, they stink!) so I keep these on hand to contain dirty diapers and wipes until we get home where I dispose of them.
Finally, I keep my prescription sunglasses and their case in my diaper bag because I never leave the house without them.

Is there anything I'm missing that y'all think I should add?  Let me know in the comments below!

0 comments:

Post a Comment