Maternity Leave Essentials


1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10

I have 12 weeks off to be with my baby before I return to work and I've found myself gravitating towards the same products and the same outfits for the last seven weeks so I thought I'd share some of my favorites with y'all.  

Sally Hanson Salon Care Roller Clips
I use these clips to secure my velcro rollers when I wash and style my hair once a week (I used to do it twice but now that I'm at home there's no point and my hair doesn't really get greasy, thankfully).  The other use for these clips is for making a topknot. I wear my hair piled on top of my head all day because it makes nursing and pumping easier and these clips are a fantastic alternative to hair elastics. I just twist my hair into the shape I want and then secure it with one of these clips and it stays in and is very comfortable. In fact, I even sleep with my hair in a topknot using one of these clips.

Seche Vite Topcoat
It wasn't until Harper was five weeks old that I painted my nails for the first time. It's the longest I've ever gone without painting them, but I figured they needed a break anyway.  I didn't use this topcoat during pregnancy because it is advised not to, but now that I am no longer pregnant, it's the only product that dries nails in literally five minutes.  It's a must-have for every woman, not just moms! 

Lululemon Run Speed Short
I've owned these shorts for quite a long time and I've been loving wearing them at home with Harper.  The soft, stretchy waistband makes them totally comfortable postpartum and the fabric is perfect for lounging around the house or taking the baby outside in her stroller. They are also easy to wipe down if the baby spits up on them...speaking from experience!

GAP Racerback Bra
I've sung the praises of this bra for many posts and I even wore them during pregnancy---but I absolutely love them. You can get similar styles at Forever 21 or Target too. These are a must-have if you are nursing or pumping. I just flip it up if I need to nurse and I also use it to keep the flanges in places as I pump, hands-free! I have so many bras like this now (from GAP and other stores) because I also wear them to bed every night.


Mother's Milk Organic Tea
I don't know if it's psychological or if it actually works...but I drink two cups a day and I'm pumping over 4 ounces per session...so I'm going to go ahead and recommend this to help with supply. It also tastes like black licorice which is right up my alley!

Hari Mari Flip Flops
I'm totally obsessed with these---comfortable and so stylish. I have a review coming up on my blog this week! Stay tuned...

Kiehl's Self Tanner
I am obsessed with this self tanner. Dare I say it, I may even like it better than the Clarins SPF 6 tanning milk (though I still love that too). Once a week or so, I will apply the Kiehl's self tanner to my entire face and neck (and a little bit onto my chest) because it gives me a little color and evens out my skin. Since I don't wear makeup everyday, it's nice to have a little color, especially in the summer. Also---it doesn't smell bad and it's a watery lotion consistency so it doesn't feel any different than using a moisturizer before bed.

AE Boyfriend Shorts
These shorts are another win.  I love wearing these when I leave the house to run errands. They are comfortable and perfect for summer.


J.Crew Shorts
I'm a little obessed with shorts right now (can you tell?!) because the 90 plus degree temperatures pretty much negate that you wear shorts or a dress. I love that these come in all kinds of bright and candy colors. 

J.Crew Vintage V-Neck Tee
I've sung the praises of these tees a thousand times. I live in them. They're perfect for wearing around the house but look chic and simple when you need to leave the house, too.


What were your essential items when you were at home with your baby? Share in the comments below!

0 comments:

Post a Comment