ALMAY Color + Care™ Liquid Lip Balm


I'm pretty picky about lip products and prefer glosses that deliver hydration and conditioning in addition to color because I tend to have dry lips that occasionally peel (and, okay, sometimes I bite my lip a bit so I need something that helps keep them supple). Plus, if you're going to put something on your lips to enhance their color, you might as well get the additional benefit of treating them as well.

I recently got to test out ALMAY'S Color + Care™ Liquid Lip Balm and it's the perfect harmony of soft, sheer color and intense moisture.  When I applied it, my husband said my lips looked "extra glossy." I'll take that!

The three colors I tried are from left-right: Nudetrients, Rosy Lipped and Pink Pout. I like the packaging of these glosses- simple and clean- small enough to fit into a clutch but large enough to feel like you're getting your money's worth.

Nudetrients is a perfect pinky-nude color that would be great for everyday wear or paired with a smoky eye for an evening look.  
Rosy Lipped is a color I didn't love when I swatched it, but on the lips, it was actually my favorite of the three. It's one of those "your lips, but better" colors. If you were to get one gloss from this collection, this is the color I recommend because I can see it working for many skin tones and it simply enhances your own lip color while making lips look healthy and glossy.

The third color, Pink Pout, was my second favorite of the trio.  I got so much great feedback the last time I wore a bright lip color (in fact, many of you told me I should do bright lips everyday!) and this gloss delivered a sheer bright pink wash of color that was buildable.  I think it gave my skin an extra punch and I love that it was still sheer enough to stay in my comfort level. Of all the bright lip colors I own, I think this one is probably the one I'd reach for most often since it's bright, but not intimidatingly so.
In addition to being super hydrating, ALMAY'S Color + Care™ Liquid Lip Balms are hypoallergenic, dermatologist tested and gluten free.  They're available in 10 colors and retail for about $5.99, which is an excellent price point. I highly recommend these glosses and hope you'll enjoy them as much as I have.

As part of this post, you can enter to win a $100 VISA Gift Card by answering in the comments below "how do you get your favorite weekend look?"  Don't forget to leave your email address so we can contact you if you win!
Rules
No duplicate comments. You may receive (2) total entries by selecting from the following entry methods:
1. Leave a comment in response to the sweepstakes prompt on this post
2. Tweet (public message) about this promotion; including exactly the following unique term in your tweet message: "#SweepstakesEntry"; and leave the URL to that tweet in a comment on this post
3. Blog about this promotion, including a disclosure that you are receiving a sweepstakes entry in exchange for writing the blog post, and leave the URL to that post in a comment on this post
4. For those with no Twitter or blog, read the official rules to learn about an alternate form of entry.
This giveaway is open to US Residents age 18 or older. Winners will be selected via random draw, and will be notified by e-mail. You have 72 hours to get back to me, otherwise a new winner will be selected. The Official Rules are available here. This sweepstakes runs from 7/31/13-8/27/13. Be sure to visit the Almay brand page on BlogHer.com where you can read other bloggers’ reviews and find more chances to win!

0 comments:

Post a Comment