What to Wear in the Air

I'll never forget the time I was at the Toronto's Pearson airport just relaxing, hanging out at the gate when suddenly I realized that just a few rows down were Robert Buckley and Shantel VanSanten from One Tree Hill (yes, I watched that show and yes, I cried every episode).


Unfortunately, I was wearing bright turquoise, cropped, paint-stained VS PINK track pants and a sweater.  Basically, I looked disheveled and I was too embarrassed to go up to them and be all "hey I love the show will y'all take a picture with me?" 

I've learned my lesson and now I make an effort to travel in comfort AND style.  In fact, I wore this outfit on the way to Toronto:



(My friend Jamie and I at the bookstore)
So I was stylish and comfy---that maxi dress also makes for quite a nice blanket on a plane. The blazer is Zara, for anyone interested.

On the way back from Toronto, it was a little cooler so I dressed in layers.  All of my effort paid off because as we were sitting at our gate, my husband suddenly said "hey look, there's Michael Cera."  By the time I looked up, Mr. Cera was already behind the glass about to board---but had he just been hanging out, I might have gone up and said "hey, I loved you in Juno..." and then I probably would have made an awkward comment about Arrested Development and never nudes that I would regret. Hopefully he would have taken a photo with me just to get me to go away. Mission accomplished...

...and instead of turquoise, paint-stained sweatpants (I threw them out when I got home from that last trip) I would have been wearing THIS:





Blazer- Talula at Artizia
Shirt- Talula at Artizia
Jeans- Zara
Flats- Tory Burch "Reva"


 
You know who else always travels in style? Lauren Conrad. That girl can do no wrong at the airport---she's always wearing skinny jeans, loose tees and chic blazers. 

What do you wear when you fly? Let me know in the comments below!


0 comments:

Post a Comment