Motivation Mondays: Jill's Slimdown

Today’s "Motivation Mondays" features Jill and showcases her incredible weight loss and fitness story!  I know Jill because back in the day, we both used to work at the same tanning salon chain.  We had kept in touch via Facebook and when I saw the incredible before and after pictures she posted on her wall last week (talk about bravery!) I emailed her immediately to ask her if she would share with my readers what she did to lose weight and get fit.   

As with all of my Motivation Monday posts---this is just how one person did it---there are so many ways to get fit and reach your goals---with that said, here is Jill’s story!

Jill is 27 years old, lives in Canada and works as a Group Benefits Customer Care Representative.

Jill's Incredible BEFORE & AFTER
she was170lbs on the left and 145lbs on the right
Congratulations on your incredible weight loss and fitness results!  First, tell us what made you decide to finally start eating well and working out---what made you hit rock bottom?
Hi V!  Thanks for the congratulations.  It's rewarding!  I'll tell you first of all that I've never been a big gym person.  Last summer my doctor prescribed me a medication that made me gain 30lbs instantly.  I got really puffy, bloated, uncomfortable and self conscious.  I joined the gym back in September and saw no results in 6 months...In fact, I gained.  I was starting to believe that either I was doing something wrong or I was just going to continue to grow, no matter what I did to prevent it.  One night I was at the gym and I saw (or I thought I saw!) my friend Dr. Heather Voisin (disclaimer: Voisin is affiliated with the brand ISAGENIX).  It turns out it wasn't her, but I was so excited that I came home and emailed her how I thought I saw her and how excited I was!  Needless to say, she was telling me about this amazing cleanse she was doing to help release some of the unwanted waste from our bodies and that weight loss was one of the perks.  Awesome!  I needed to know more so we set up a date.


How did you decide on what kind of eating and workout plan you were going to commit to?
Dr. Voisin was telling me about the importance of cleansing and there is a reason that traditional diets never work.  Toxins are stored in our fat cells. If we can remove the toxins, we can remove the fat as well. So, I decided to do a 30 day nutritional cleanse with ISAGENIX.  Along with my new cleanse, I was already going to the gym.  I picked up a 4-day-a-week schedule while on the cleanse to kick-start my weight loss.  I was losing approx 4lbs / week in toxic waste from my cells.

Did you gradually start eating better and working out or did you go full force from the start? I went full force into the 30 day cleanse. It is a combination of nutritionally dense meal replacements with healthy snacks and a healthy meal every day.

Tell us about what your weekly workouts look like I do a lot of the stepper and the bicycle.  Alternate days (or lazy days) I do weights.  Sometimes I do a combo of both.  Depends on how I feel.  The odd time I go swimming and I always go for a steam after!!  Usually I go approx 3 times a week and I am usually doing my cardio/cool down for approx 45 - 60 min.

Tell us about what a typical day of eating looks like for you
Breakfast:
I have a shot of this awesome drink called "Ionix Supreme".  This helps start my day off properly and helps with the stress. Next I have a Vanilla shake with a sprinkle of cinnamon for extra flavour.
Snack: Hardboiled egg, 2 x sliced turkey meat, 2 x non-processed cheddar cheese
Lunch: Another shake for my lunch.
Dinner: I honestly eat whatever I want for dinner.  Mind you, it's not fried or fast food.  I eat normal things like skinless chicken, pasta, veggies etc. but the quantities are small and just enough to make me feel full.
Beverages: I mainly drink water. Coffee with milk.  Sometimes I cheat and drink ginger ale every now and again because I love the carbonation.


What are some of your favorite healthy snacks?
I enjoy eating fruit. I've taken a recent liking to blueberries.  I usually have them in my fridge along with raspberries.  I catch myself eating them when I watch tv instead of chips or cookies. I find cutting the fortified sugars makes me not even crave them.  Instead when I have a sweet tooth, I go for those blueberries!


Were friends and family members supportive of your new healthier lifestyle? My family and friends were very supportive. Some were skeptical because sadly North Americans do not know very much about cleansing. Most if not all other countries do some form of cleansing and we are one of the unhealthiest nations in the world so there has to be a link. Some of my close family members joined the cleanse with me and have been just as successful with their results as mine.  Rewarding!

What advice do you have for a woman who would like to be healthier but lacks the motivation?  What caused you to finally have the drive to succeed?
I think the best advice I could give for someone else would be to make the drastic change right then and there.  Don't make gradual changes because it's easy to fall back into old habits.  You know you need to do something for your health.  Don't start tomorrow.  Start today.  Get the ball going.  It becomes habit.  As much as I didn't want to join the gym, I knew I had to.  Once I started noticing the results, I became driven.  During my cleanse, people were starting to notice the weight come off on a weekly basis.  That's amazing!!!


What can you do now that you weren't able to do before you lost the weight and got fit?
I have never told anyone this, so this is a little uncomfortable for me, but I got to the point where my thighs were so big that I couldn't even cross my legs when sitting down.  I didn't even know that was possible.  Believe it or not, I found that very upsetting.  I can clearly say after I released 25lbs (and still losing!) I can fit into some of my size 4 jeans again (from a size 8-10) and cross my legs :)  The other things I have noticed is that I am not in pain while sitting at my desk job from my stomach hanging over my pants.  I didn't even realize being overweight for my height caused physical discomfort.  What a horrible feeling.  On the benefit, my stamina is higher and my energy levels are greater as opposed to when I wasn't being active.


What are your goals as you continue to pursue a healthier lifestyle? My goals to continue to pursue a healthier lifestyle is to continue to use these ISAGENIX products.  They really are the reason for my success in the weight loss, energy level increase and stamina.  I now help other people reach their goals. I am so thrilled with my results that I want others to feel and look as great as I do!



Jill's weight loss progression:






Other than this incredible accomplishment---what are you most proud of in your life?
Honestly, losing this weight.  I never ever thought I could have gained weight, let alone take it off. I'm still in the process of releasing some more toxins and waste from my system, but I know what it is that I need to do and I have the tools to succeed. Anybody can do this.


What are some of your best "stay on track" tips?
This is something I'm trying to figure out myself right now.  I just told my dad the other day that I think I'm going to try running (which I hate running), but I need to change up my routine and give it a fair shot at trying to melt those pesky pounds that don't come off!  Who knows, maybe I'll turn into a runner?!


If you'd like to learn more about the products Jill used in addition to exercise, please see this linkThank you so much for sharing your story, Jill!  If you have any questions for Jill, please leave them below and I will ask her to come and answer them.


Disclaimer: I am adding this due to the response I've gotten about this post. I want to make it clear that I am not affiliated with Isagenix nor do I advocate for cleanses of any kind, by any brand.  I am sharing one person's experience in using this product as part of a 30-day challenge to get on a better path to health and fitness.  I do not have anything against using a cleanse for a short period of time in combination with eating real, whole foods and working out ---with the ultimate goal of learning to eat healthy and exercise and have a healthier lifestyle overall, for the long run. I do not promote or advocate the long-term use of cleansing products and have never used, and do not plan to use cleansing products of any kind.

0 comments:

Post a Comment