Just Peachy- Amazing Salad Recipe from Women's Health Magazine!

Last night I made the best salad ever.  There's a backstory to this so I'll tell it really quickly--- basically, I used to have a salad phobia.  I LOVED eating salads...but I could only eat them at restaurants when they were prepared for me. If I tried to make my own salad, I would feel sick when I tried to eat it and it always tasted awful.  Strange, right?

In the past year, I've been experimenting more and I've made a few salads that I have enjoyed---but none of them were better than the one I made last night.

I discovered it when flipping through my latest issue of Women's Health Magazine (I'm a loyal and loving subscriber) and I was intrigued because the recipe called for peaches, which I absolutely love.  In fact, I've had a salad before at Ruggles Green that has peaches and it was delightful.


After running errands all day, H and I stopped at the grocery store and I bought all of the ingredients I would need to make the ir "Peach Salad with Basil Oil." This recipe is from the July/August 2012 issue of Women's Health Magazine, and I credit the below photo to them as I couldn't find the link to this recipe on their website.




So, here's what you'll need:
  • Baby Arugula
  • Peaches
  • Walnuts
  • Mozarella Cheese
  • Salt
  • White Wine Vinegar
  • Extra Virgin Olive Oil
  • Fresh Basil Leaves
Tools:
  • Knife for chopping
  • food processor
  • Mixing spoons or tongs
  • 1 large bowl
  • Measuring cups/spoons



Here's what it looked like, step-by-step:










YUM!  This was one of the best dinners I've had in a long time!


 I hope you'll love this recipe as much as we did! 
What is YOUR favorite salad recipe? Please link it below if you can find it online!


0 comments:

Post a Comment