New Closet: Disaster to Workable

Hello everyone! Just a quick note to say that AT&T is FINALLY installing internet and U-Verse in our home tomorrow so things should be back to normal soon (now that I've missed the finales of Bachelor Pad, True Blood and Curb Your Enthusiasm...but that's neither here nor there).

I wanted to post this quick update of my closet progress. I spent the weekend organizing it because it was a massive cluster before. Exhibit A:

After:

You'll notice I removed the white dresser from the back of the closet. That area was meant for long dresses to be hung so that's what I used it for and it's perfect.  Instead, we are moving the white dresser into the office and purchasing the IKEA Hemnes Dresser that matches the one currently in our master bedroom. We are getting this one (it's the taller, thinner version of the other Hemnes dresser we have):


I think this will be the perfect addition to our bedroom as it's going on a wall where there is currently nothing.  We could put a chair or something against that wall, but this is much more functional.  Now, the H and I will have our own closets and our own dressers. I'm not against sharing, but having our own definitely makes for less cramming and clutter.

Future closet plans include paiting, possibly installing some kind of shelving or hooks on the bare wall to the right and maybe wallpapering one wall (modern, pretty wallpaper, nothing granny-like, no worries!)

What do you think of my closet so far?  I am just thrilled I can walk through it without stepping on things.

xoxo,

Veronika.

PS--- I have a tripod and a camera so I am going to try and film some videos this weekend.  I know I keep saying that, but now that I'll have internet I can actually upload them!

0 comments:

Post a Comment