Home Update: Office Progress

Happy Sunday to you!  I am completely exhausted today and I was the same way last weekend. I think the "burned out" feeling from doing so much during the move and when my friends were in town has finally caught up with me.

I made some progress on my office today and also cleaned up the guest bedroom and the entire second floor of our house so I'm hoping to get a surge of energy this evening to finish my cleaning.  This house has a lot of cleaning that needs to be done every week. From the dark hardwood floors that show every little thing, to the stainless steel appliances, it is constant. Not complaining at all, I actually love to clean. I guess it's just surprising that 600 more square feet can make such a difference. Now I have four toilets to clean!

I still have so many plans for this office.  It's not even close to being complete. It's more that I just didn't want the room to be full of boxes anymore. I loathe boxes...and disorganized rooms...and STUFF everywhere (though I'm sure you gathered that from my last few posts).

Here is the room, empty:

and here it is with most of the boxes gone (they were EVERYWHERE!)...that is the IKEA EXPEDIT book shelf H built for me... :)

...and finally, the room with a set-up I'm trying.  I'm not married to it or anything, just trying to figure out how to make the room function for me.  A desk in the middle of the room is super impractical and takes up a lot of space, but I don't need the space for anything else, so I don't mind making the desk a focal point.

Like I said, it's a work in progress.  If you have any ideas or suggestions, I'd love to hear them. I already told H I was painting the room pink. I told him if we ever have a baby girl, we won't have to paint it again. I don't think he was convinced. I think he said "no." LOL. It's not even because he doesn't like pink. It's because he hates painting.

Here are some photos of office ideas and inspirations that I've found over the last few years. I don't remember where all of the photos are from, so if they are yours or you know where they came from, let me know so I can credit them accordingly:

Avenue Interior Design for the Who What Wear offices
Avenue Interior Design for the Who What Wear offices
credit: Mary McDonald
Our house is starting to come together. I had intended to film this weekend, but we stayed out late Saturday night and I was just exhausted today and trying to get things together around the house.  I promise furnished photos will come soon! 

Oh...I also did a little shopping this weekend.  Got a lot of very cute stuff that I can't wait to share!  Will either post about it or do a video. Now that I have internet, the possibilities are limitless!  Hope everyone had a lovely weekend!

Off to finally watch True Blood now...

xoxo,

Veronika.

0 comments:

Post a Comment