First Day Back...

My first day back at work went well.  It was a short day and it was nice to see all of my co-workers. I'm so lucky to have such great friends at work and a few even gave me welcome back cards and wrote notes on my white board, it was so sweet.

I think I haven't had a meltdown yet because I know Harper is being cared for by her daddy and she isn't in daycare yet. I know she will probably have lots of fun there and learn a lot but it's still going to be hard to drop her off there for the first time...and tenth time, I'm sure.

As I pursued my closet this morning, I realized that I had to be mindful of what I chose to wear since it had to be pumping-friendly.  I have some dresses that are definitely not options for pumping because I'd have to lift the entire dress up to gain access to properly place my pumping parts.

I wanted to wear something comfortable since it would be my first time pumping outside of my own home so I went with a simple tee (hello, I'm obsessed) and dressed it up with a sparkly necklace.  It was also the first time I have worn a pencil skirt in more than six months. I got this one on major sale at J.Crew (FYI, the popular No. 2 pencil skirts almost always go on sale so wait it out if you can!)  I promise my tee looked better earlier in the day but my husband took these shots after my commute, so I apologize for the mess.
Tee- Target |  Skirt- J.Crew (striped version, similar, similar, cute dress version) | Shoes- Steven by Steve Madden |  Necklace- J.Crew Factory (also LOVE this one) |  Watch- Michael Kors
a shot of Harper and me before I left for work in the morning

Having a hospital-grade pump at work means I don't have to lug my pump to and from work everyday which makes me feel incredibly blessed. I did bring it today just in case my pumping attachments didn't work for some reason but they worked just perfectly. Now all I'll have to bring are my pumping flanges and my milk storage bottles and a little freezer bag. It's perfect!

I also did some meal prep yesterday so that all of my lunches were ready for the week. I made salads with cucumbers and radishes and cut up strawberries and peaches for snacks. Then every night I make a turkey and cheese sandwich on pumpernickel bread to eat with my salad or I bring soup.  I also re-stocked my desk drawer with Luna bars, Nutrigrain bars and some other snacks like nuts. I like to keep my desk stocked because I eat every 2-3 hours so I really need to have food on hand at all times.
I ended up brining three massive bags to work. I won't need to bring my pump anymore but once we add a daycare bag to the mix I'll probably be carrying quite a few bags out the door.

I wish you all a wonderful week and thank you so much for all of the comments and emails of support about going back to work. It really made things easier to cope with hearing your experiences. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment