Weekend Shopping & Some Outfits Lately

I had a brief work-related event to attend this morning and then I hit the village to use my GAP coupon. It was sent in the mail and gives you 40% off of a single item and 30% off of your entire purchase (including sale items) when you pay with your Visa card. Score!

I picked up a few items for our sweet little girl. As I mentioned in a previous post, I'm not buying a lot of newborn items or even 0-3. You tend to get a lot of the smaller sizes at your baby shower and so many moms have told me to focus on buying larger sizes that baby can grow into. Plus, babies pretty much wear onesies for the first few months of life so I'm saving the dresses and tops for later on.

Peter Rabbit collection footed one piece, 3-6 months- buy it here

Can't find this one online, 12-18 months
(I think this is the cutest top ever!)

Floral print ruffle dress, 12-18 months- buy it here

I also stopped in at GAP because they were having a major sale on bras. This one was on sale for $25. I like it because it's wireless and the coverage is great. Since being pregnant, I've had to go up a band size, so I've had to get a few new bras so my ribs don't feel like they're being compressed all day.


I also picked up four dress shirts for my H at Express. He likes the modern fit shirts and this weekend Express has a promo where you buy one and get the second for $19.90.  I was also able to use an online coupon on top of that promo---it was a great deal and he's got some nice new shirts to wear. I got him white, lilac, a light turquoise/robin's egg color and a blue and white gingham. You can buy them here.  

We also made another major baby purchase today---our stroller!  After recommendations from several mommy friends and doing my own research, plus the great rating in Baby Bargains, we decided to take the plunge and purchase our Uppababy Vista stroller in "Jake" (all black).  Babies & Kids 1st (I went to the location on Kirby) was having a sale to celebrate the opening of their new The Woodlands store, and they even beat amazon.com's price, so we got it today and it's still boxed up in our guest room.  I love that it comes with a bassinet and that the handle extends.  The car seat adapter is also super easy to use.  I can't wait to become more acquainted with it! We went with solid black because I like things to look simple. I'm not into prints and patterns on major baby items like strollers, car seats and pack n' plays.  Plus, it would work perfectly for a second baby whether it was a boy or girl.



(Uppababy Vista- buy it here)

If you have this stroller and love it, let me know why in the comments! I've read a lot of reviews and most people are really happy with it, so that's reassuring.

I didn't snap a lot of photos of what I wore this week, but I did capture a couple of outfits:

Banana Republic dress, Artizia blazer, Nine West shoes, F21 necklace
(I love how this dress shows off my growing bump!)



 J.Crew top, GAP maternity really skinny pants, Tory Burch Reva flats, 
Stella & Dot necklace c/o, Banana Republic trench

Though I like how my hair looks in the below photo, I am badly in need of a cut. I may try a stylist one of my co-workers goes to---she has really amazing layers.  Do you go to the same person for cut and color or do you go to different people? Let me know in the comments!


Oh, and I did organize my closet last weekend like I had planned to! I rearranged everything and stored away a few items that were never being worn. I still have to add all of the maternity clothes that my co-worker gave to me, but I don't want to put them in there until I can fill them out. Organized closets make me feel happy.


Wishing you all a lovely weekend!  We have a wedding reception to attend tonight at a restaurant downtown and I can't wait to get dressed up and eat yummy food!

0 comments:

Post a Comment