Dress for the Evening

Last night my husband and I attended a wedding reception for his cousin.  She had a beautiful wedding out in San Francisco where she and her husband live so her parents hosted a second reception at Brennan's here in Houston for friends and family who didn't attend.

As I was checking out my closet, deciding what to wear, I came upon a black lace dress from White House, Black Market that I scored at the outlet store over a year ago for less than $30. It has been one of my favorite dresses for a long time, but I hadn't worn it in quite some time.

I slipped it on and thankfully, it fit. It was nice and snug around my bump and I felt great in it!

Dress- WHBM (similar, with sleeves!)
Shoes- Ivanka Trump (similar, under $30!)
Belt- J.Crew (similar)
Bag- Tory Burch Reva Clutch (buy it here)


Today, I ran some errands and ended up going to Target to pick up some random stuff like toothpaste...crackers...milk, etc. I had gotten an email that morning about the launch of the Prabal Gurung collection, but I've been generally pretty disappointed in past collections, even the few I've made purchases from. So I wasn't surprised when I checked out the collection today (there were still a lot of items in my store) and wasn't moved to even try anything on.

I'll admit that this collection looked more exciting (in magazine and web previews) than many of the previous ones, but I just wasn't feeling it once I saw the pieces in person.  It could just be that I haven't been interested in shopping for myself lately.  I even went to GAP's maternity store today to return two long-sleeved basic v-neck shirts that I got gotten on sale at the end of December. I never wore either one and I realized that by the time I would be able to fill them out (probably mid third-trimester), it would be really warm here. I ended up exchanging my tops for this dress for the little one---I had been eyeing it for awhile but wanted to wait until I could get a discount, so I used my 30% off coupon that I mentioned in yesterday's post to purchase it.

Other than that, I just grocery shopped and now I'm doing some laundry and just relaxing for the remainder of the evening.  Hope everyone had a great weekend!

0 comments:

Post a Comment