New Haircut & Hair Products I'm Loving

This past weekend, I had my hair cut and I realized that I haven't posted about my favorite hair products in quite some time.

I had more hair cut than usual---I asked my stylist to shorten my layers and overall length because my hair was feeling really dry and heavy.  I am really pleased with the results. My hair holds style better now and overall has a more defined shape.

Here are some snaps:


This was the first day I had it cut---I was playing around with it later in the day parting it in various ways to see how the layers fell.


This is the back of my hair on the first day it was cut-  a lot of my readers request to see the back so you can really see how the layers are cut.


This was my hair on Monday when I washed and styled it myself. I am still using the same blowout/rollers routine that I always use. Refer to this post for details.


This photo was taken this morning when I curled my hair with a curling iron. Refer to this tutorial for how I curl my hair.



Now onto products, here are a few I've been obessessed with lately:

This is my second bottle of this shampoo. The first was actually a full-sized sample I got as a promotion at Sephora. I had to repurchase because it really is that good and is one of my all time favorite shampoos. It leaves hair feeling clean, yet soft and also allows for ample volume in your hair, which I can't say about a lot of other damage-geared formulas which tend to weigh hair down. I also love the smell and love how it lathers. You don't have to use a ton either. It's absolutely amazing.


I have had this product for over a year and when my Crystalliste serum ran out (which I love) I decided to try using this for my blowouts (previously I was using it as an overnight treatment). I use a few pumps of the Elixir Ultime from the nape of my neck down to the ends of my hair prior to blow-drying. It is really smoothing and overall I love how it makes my hair feel.  It also combines well with other products.



This (pricey) mask was sent to me over a year ago but I just started to use it over the last few months. My hair has been really dry lately so I wanted to use something that is made for damaged hair. I apply the mask in the shower after shampooing and then I wash my body and shave to let it sink in before I rinse it.  I really like it and my hair feels good after using it.  As a side note though, I do still love my Macadamia Hair Mask, but will probably wait to repurchase until this runs out as I am working on using up products before I buy new ones so I don't have a ton in my shower and cabinet waiting to be used.



Wishing everyone a great week!

0 comments:

Post a Comment