20 weeks!

How far along? 20 weeks (I do these a week behind as a recap of the previous week, so I'm actually 21 weeks today.)

Total weight gain/loss: At my 20 week appointment, I was up 3 lbs. total so far in this pregnancy.  I was a little concerned and asked my OB if this was not good or if I should try to gain more and she said I was perfectly healthy and that baby is growing great.  She said women's bodies are different and that some women just gain the majority of their weight later on in the pregnancy.  I eat constantly, so I guess my body is just doing what it needs to do. 


Maternity clothes? I'm wearing maternity pants and all of my other clothes are just my regular clothes.

Stretch marks? Not yet---I'm still using Belli's Elasticity Belly Oil and Mamma Mio Tummy Rub). I also recently purchased Mustela double-action stretch mark cream after reading about it on several blogs. 


Symptoms:  Lately I've been peeing like crazy. I drink a lot of water, but still.  Other than that I feel pretty good. I still get super tired some days after work, but that's to be expected.


Sleep: Still using my Snoogle and have been sleeping pretty well this week.

Best moment this week: Seeing baby at our 20-week anatomy scan. What an amazing experience.  Seeing baby's heart and brain and spine and kidneys was surreal. We actually saw all for chambers of the heart and the blood flowing through it...it was incredible.  I am thrilled to report that baby looks healthy and was moving a ton during the u/s.  Baby weighed 13 oz and was in the 75th percentile for size.  Oh, and the tech confirmed that baby is still a girl. I wanted them to check again to get the green light to buy some girl clothes. Here are a few shots from our a/s:


Baby giving the "thumbs up"

Baby's profile


Have you told family and friends: Yes!

Miss Anything? Not having to pee every 25 minutes.


Movement: I started to feel movement day and night.  It is more prominent at night, but I sometimes feel movement during the day too. In fact, I just felt the baby kick as I was writing this sentence.  I also feel external kicks daily, which is a very cool sensation.


Food cravings: Pizza, fruit. This isn't a craving necessarily---but every morning for the past couple of weeks I've eaten the same breakfast of oatmeal with a little brown sugar and topped with heaps of strawberries, blueberries and blackberries. Absolutely delicious! I didn't eat super well in first tri so I'm trying to make up for it now.


Anything making you queasy or sick: Grilled chicken and plain salads made with iceberg lettuce. I also haven't been able to order food from our favorite Chinese food takeout place. I tried twice after learning I was pregnant and felt sick each time after I ate it :(



Have you started to show yet:  Yes, though it largely depends on what I wear. In a fitted top, you can see my bump and in looser clothes no one would know I was pregnant. I am loving my little bump though.

The other day at 20 weeks, 5 days, I was in the cafeteria at work and a woman behind me in line kind of kept looking at me so I just smiled.  Then, a couple of minutes later she asked "excuse me, are you pregnant?"  Normally I think it is really rude to ask anyone that, even if they are clearly pregnant (because you just never know, so it's best to wait to see if they bring it up), but it felt kind of nice for someone to notice since I'm always getting asked "where's your bump?"  I wore one of my J.Crew no. 2 pencil skirts that day, and you can definitely see my bump in that skirt!



(another view)

This was at 20 weeks, 2 days- I was trying on a bikini because I was going to the spa. 
I didn't end up using the pool when I went, oh well.

Baby is a: Girl!

Belly Button in or out? Still in.


Wedding rings on or off? On


Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy!


Looking forward to: Hitting the 24-week mark. 

What I'm reading: I finished "Battle Hymn of the Tiger Mother" and "Brining Up Bebe" and now I'm focusing more on pregnancy and newborn books---reading Mayo Clinic's Guide to Pregnancy, The Girlfriend's Guide to Pregnancy and Happiest Baby on the Block. I'm also reading Baby Bargians.  I haven't gotten to the chapters on birthing yet---so I am asking you ladies---did you take a birthing class or did you rely on learning from books?  We registered for Infant Care and Infant CPR already and I also plan to take a breastfeeding class offered at the hospital where I'll deliver.

Thank you for reading and for all of my pregnant readers, please feel free to check in below as well and let me know how your pregnancy is going :) I also welcome everyone's advice and comments about pregnancy!

0 comments:

Post a Comment